warhawk

arcticreaver

Snake
Jun 12, 2007
Arcadia
Wii Online Code
7223-3534-5566-9128
i'm surpised to see that there is no thread about this game. i'm pretty excited about this game. i'm getting the game tomorrow with the headset. my gf picked it up for me at work today, she gets a discount at the company she's working in so it's only 48 bucks!!!

anyways, after reading all the reviews, i'm very excited about the game. just wanting to see if anyone here got the game and what are your impression?

Warhawk has the most potential of the big three Sony launched this year. It got an 8.5/10 on Gamespot. It's only shortfall is lack of storyline. This is soley a multiplayer game with 32 players. My advice is to avoid Lair, and Heavenly Sword. Get Warhawk or prepare for a long wait for better games next year.

I heard it is 2gb per level?

off topic - i'm giving lair a shot. i don't know why but hey, it MIGHT be good, at least for me and my personal enjoyment.

back to the topic.

like i said i'm getting the game tomorrow. anyone here that have the game, my PSN is arcticreaver. look me up. i just hope i can balance work, school, working out, social life, and games in my schedule.

I'll add you tomorrow arctic, I think the only thing they thought was wrong with Lair is the controls, worth a try I guess.

i got warhawk today from my gf. but i chose to play lair first instead. it's not that bad like how they pointed out in the reviews. it's a good game and that's my honest opinion.

as for warhawk, i'm going to give it a try in like 1 hour. i post some of my 2 cents regarding the game afterwards.

I rented WarHawk the other day, and it is pretty good. I noticed it has a lot of glitches though, but I'm not sure if that is caused by the disc being scratched. (I was the first one to rent this copy, but I know they let the employees take the games and movies before they are actually released since my cousin used to work there so they might have scratched it) A few times when I was choosing where to respawn it just kinda froze. I could still see the other people playing and stuff, but I couldn't do anything and I had to press the PS button and quit the game. And another time I was in a dogfight and whenever someone would shoot it would make a loud scratching sound and everything would start flashing dark then light. (its hard to explain, but it was kinda like a shadow over the whole map was just flashing on and off) Anyway, I'll probably download it off PSN after I take the rental back.

arcticreaver said:
i got warhawk today from my gf. but i chose to play lair first instead. it's not that bad like how they pointed out in the reviews. it's a good game and that's my honest opinion.

as for warhawk, i'm going to give it a try in like 1 hour. i post some of my 2 cents regarding the game afterwards.
I thought Lair didn't come out until the 4th? :wtf:

I watched the video review on IGN of Lair, and it really didn't look that bad for them to give it a 4.9......

Edit: Another thing that pisses me off about WarHawk is how you can't get into a game that has a lot of people. I go to one that says it has 29/32 people and then it doesn't let me join because it is full. :wtf:

Edit Again: Now I can't even get in any games that have more than five people in them, and even those ones kick me out after a few minutes. I did a search and found that this isn't an isolated problem. :(

Third Edit: Now I can hear people talking from the last game I got kicked out of, but I'm in the menu. :confused: :wtf:

Fourth Edit: Now I just noticed that all the official servers (the blue ones) are gone.

Last edited:
Lair was awful. I watched them demo it at Gamespot. It was their show, On The Spot. The guy playing the game didn't like it at all. On Gamespot they like to remain neutral, or excited. But you could tell he hated the game. Want another OTS moment? Watch them play Madden NFL 2k8 for the Wii.

Back when I went to Circuit City this guy selling I-Pods was warning people about the PS3. Back in 2005. He said the processor has some serious flaws(He used to attend tech shows), and Sony likes to hype products that don't work. Now flash forward to today. 8 processors may have been a bad idea.

Last edited:
paintba||er said:
I rented WarHawk the other day, and it is pretty good. I noticed it has a lot of glitches though, but I'm not sure if that is caused by the disc being scratched. (I was the first one to rent this copy, but I know they let the employees take the games and movies before they are actually released since my cousin used to work there so they might have scratched it) A few times when I was choosing where to respawn it just kinda froze. I could still see the other people playing and stuff, but I couldn't do anything and I had to press the PS button and quit the game. And another time I was in a dogfight and whenever someone would shoot it would make a loud scratching sound and everything would start flashing dark then light. (its hard to explain, but it was kinda like a shadow over the whole map was just flashing on and off) Anyway, I'll probably download it off PSN after I take the rental back.

I thought Lair didn't come out until the 4th? :wtf:

I watched the video review on IGN of Lair, and it really didn't look that bad for them to give it a 4.9......

Edit: Another thing that pisses me off about WarHawk is how you can't get into a game that has a lot of people. I go to one that says it has 29/32 people and then it doesn't let me join because it is full. :wtf:

Edit Again: Now I can't even get in any games that have more than five people in them, and even those ones kick me out after a few minutes. I did a search and found that this isn't an isolated problem. :(

Third Edit: Now I can hear people talking from the last game I got kicked out of, but I'm in the menu. :confused: :wtf:

Fourth Edit: Now I just noticed that all the official servers (the blue ones) are gone.

all i have to say is that lair is a good game. not a great game but it's a good game. the only way to know if you actually enjoy the game is to play that game. so i suggest you guys try it out and then give it an opinion about it. personally i like lair. i have to say that ign and gamespot did give me second thoughts about the game, but you know what? the controls aren't bad. you just have to get use to it.

back to the topic - i think the copy of your warhawk is damaged, the rented one. i have it and i have no problems. it's addicting as hell man.

Nahh, it's hard to get into a game, even games that aren't full say they're full, not sure why really, will probably get fixed soon...

Back