Wario Ware...not quite up to snuff?

rgf942

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
USA
I don't know if this is just me, but when I saw videos of Wario Ware, and saw critics on the internet saying that it was a great game, I somehow couldn't see the game being fun. But the reviews were excellent, so I went out and rented the game.

And for me, the critics were dead wrong. I just finished the single player mode and it was so incredibly boring that I decided to write about it. I honestly can't see how this game did not get crappy reviews. It's slow (even when it says "faster" on the screen), it's BORING (the microgames are unbelievably easy), and it's painful to trudge through the single player mode. I really only played though it for the sake of playing though it. The microgames are so boring! They try to get you pumped up, but they almost always fail. I was thoroughly bored after 15 minutes. No joke. It was a waste of money, and a waste of time.

Does anyone else agree with me? Am I the only one who thinks this game is a piece of crap?

Me playing Wario Ware: :sleep:

Did you play with someone else? I hear that's really the only way it's fun.

I liked one player mode, but you need to play each level more than once so the game gets faster and faster. But Multiplayer is heck fun, specially if you play with someone who never played Wario before, but with friends its actually a challenge!

Warioware: Smooth Moves was a gigantic disappointment in my opinion. I've been a fan of the series so it's not like the concept of the game bothers me. After playing the multiplayer mode in the gamecube version, I had high hopes for the wii version. Unfortunately the multiplayer is horrible and seems like it was just tacked on at the last minute. They're all slight variations of taking turns doing microgames and getting eliminated for losing once. The single player mode is better... in fact it was more fun trying to beat it together with some friends than it was doing the multiplayer mode. Still, it's only amusing for the few hours it takes to beat it and then it gets really old really fast. Just wish I had decided to rent it instead of throwing down the full $50. :sad:

I absolutely loathe this game. rgf942, you pretty much summed it up for me, as well, in your original post. Horrible load of garbage that someone could have created in a few weeks in Flash.

I love the game, it may be b/c I have friends over a lot and the multiplayer is fun or it could be the fact that my whole family can play including my 3 1/2 yr old. So I guess it depends on which demographic you fall in and what you were hoping for out of the game.

Pros: easy to just pick up and play, Great Multiplayer, everyone can play young/old/gamer/nongamer

Cons: short single player, not much replay in the single player mode.

You guys really have to enjoy games instead of just beating them TarHeelSuperman is right

I like this game, it's not the best Warioware but it does a good enough job for me to like it. Some of the minigames posed as a different minigame, but at its core were just the same thing. They weren't exactly as creative as they should have been probably to appeal more to nongamers, but damn I still think it's one of the only few good games out for the Wii.

Maybe you guys just hate simple games like this?

Hopefully we get a more ultimate Warioware Wii game later down the line.

Last edited:
En4Neo said:
Maybe you guys just hate simple games like this?

Hopefully we get a more ultimate Warioware Wii game later down the line.

I'm a fan of the series so it's not like I was disappointed because of the concept of WW games. I knew the single player mode wouldn't last for too long as is usual with WW, so I was expecting the multiplayer to be the source of replay value. Too bad it wasn't... I really do hope they make another one down the line that is "more ultimate."

I was going to buy it one day but they were sold out so i went and rented it and luckily they were sold out when i wanted to buy it cause it was fun the first time but it was sooo short

bugmenot said:
I'm a fan of the series so it's not like I was disappointed because of the concept of WW games. I knew the single player mode wouldn't last for too long as is usual with WW, so I was expecting the multiplayer to be the source of replay value. Too bad it wasn't... I really do hope they make another one down the line that is "more ultimate."

Well I never expected it to be "the ultimate" Warioware if Touched ever taught me anything. I guess that's the reason why I don't hate it as much as most Warioware fans.

I think it's a good game, but I agree with some other posters; you have to approach it with the right attitude. It's not a Twilight Princess or Red Steel game where the goal is to get to the end. It's more of a "enjoy the journey" type game. It's a little too easy the first time you play through a set, but it's fun just to see the new stuff. After that it's actually fun to play through some of the higher levels.

I thought the game store level was pretty fun. I liked all the earlier Nintendo throw backs.

I love it. It's fun, funny, and its fast paced.

When I have friends over that is the game we basically all play.

Back