Warning! : GC Memory Cards

PtonJalken

Ptowwnaagee!
Dec 25, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
7740-5070-1158-5119
Im just posting this for everyone who hasnt heard or experienced the problem with Third Party Memory Cards for the Gamecube.

People have been getting them stuck inside their Gamecube card slots and having a hard time and even in some cases ruining the slot. Third party cards were designed AFTER the gc came out so they got them to fit perfectly - but the Wii is slightly different and many of them do not fit so well. This in end can damage your memory card slots prohibiting them from use.

Luckily some DO work tho, my Madcatz 16x Memory card works fine, comes in and out 98% the same as the normal one (slightly better i think). But you should really check on the web to see if your card actually fits or not, or you could end up busting the card and the slot with a test.

Its best not to use them at all now, to avoid damaging something. But its up the the person i geuss.

If anyone knows which Third Party cards do and Dont work with the Wii, posting them here would be greatly appreciated.

List of Ones that WORK: (this is heresay, try at your OWN RISK)

Madcatz 16x
Tru-Blu
TrueMemory GC1019NC
Logic3 16mb card
JoyTech 16mb
'sector 7' 8 mb

List of Cards that DONT WORK:
None. yet.

Last edited:
If you don't have a GC memory card yet, and you plan on playing GC games on the Wii, you are better off buying the Nintendo Brand Memory Card for the GC. Do you really want to chance messing up a sweet system like the Wii with some third-party crap that wasn't designed to work with the Wii?

Yea, and Nintendo now has GC Cards near the strength as some of the Third Party ones. Enough for your Old GC games im sure, you could plug the 3rd party and the new into your old GC, then transfer it all. instead of trying to transfer and damaging your Wii.

I have a Tru-Blu brand gc memory card ( its an Aussie Brand I think) It works perfectly fine with the wii.

csiguy4u said:
messing up a sweet system like the Wii with some third-party crap that wasn't designed to work with the Wii?

*cough* blind fan boy *cough*

GC memory cards cost $6-$20. I got a new one for $18. I have tried 3rd party products in the past. The results are random. Some people just get hosed badly, while others see no problems. My favorite was my SNES controller that died when my brother touched it. I still can't figure out how he did that.

hmmm thanks for the warning. Looks like I can't go cheap on the GC memory card either ><

Thanks for all the advice and lists. I don't own a gamecube, nor any games, however, I am currently borrowing a game and some controllers from someone, but have no memory card. I am also pretty strapped for cash, as its after Christmas, so I've been trying to find a cheap, low block memory card. Does anyone have any opinion on which one to get?

I think everyone I know has a third-party card, and none of us have had any problems.
FYI, used 3rd party cards can be had for next to nothing on ebay and at used game stores. I scored an 8MB for $7.

Back