DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
**WARNING**
(OH yes its bold in caps and in MASSIVE LETTERS)

Them rechage stations that you can get cheap may cost you most then a set of batteres -
http://www.psyclonegamer.com/images/productimages/1226_LARGER.jpg
Pic of the item with the falut

http://www.psyclonegamer.com/products/index.asp?brandtype=essentials&id=1226&bhcp=1
From the offical site -

WARNING - Rechargeable batteries left unattended in the recharge unit for an extended period of time may cause the batteries and/or unit to overheat. If the Wii (TM) remote doesn't charge properly or begins to heat up, please stop the charge process and contact our customer service line to prevent further damage. If you feel that your batteries are heating up, please do not use those batteries any more. We are happy to help you and replace your product:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=178468
Wii owners who have opted for a third party recharge station could be putting their Wii Remotes at risk, it's emerged.

Offending hardware Psyclone Wii Recharge Station apparently fails to stop charging the Wii Remote once the battery is full.

This predictably causes Remotes to overheat and melt. In extreme cases, this has left noticeable scorch marks inside the Wii Remote, rendering it useless.

A warning on the Psyclone website advices users to not leave batteries in the recharge unit for an extended amount of time, although how long 'an extended amount of time' actually lasts is not made clear. Nintendo hasn't announced a rechargeable system for the Wii Remotes, but given that 29 out of 31 reviews on Amazon give the Psyclone Wii Recharge Station only one star, sticking to disposable batteries (or rechargeable) until an official device is released doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

Last edited:
My brother got this from his girlfriend for Christmas. Thanks for the heads up.

Jeez. Thanks for the info...not that I was considering that model, it will definitely make me think twice about others. Probably best to wait for Nintendo to release something anyway.

well i have the Nyko one, havent had trouble with it yet *thank God* ...but thanks for the heads up

Well it seems that its only if you leave them on charge for to long
If not they should be ok

ive got nyko too reason i got it acctually... thats why it goes from blue=charging to green=charged... it does shut off the charging once a full charge is reached and doesnt start again untill you remove it and put it back...

i had my house almost burn down from rechargeable batterys the wife forgot about i wont risk cheepo ones again..lol

i have a different brand of recharge station, am i good or am i still under the risk?

Id still check
Most peopletend to leave them on charge whlie going to bed (IE when there not playin)

But then again I do use rechageable batteries (2600 ones) so this dosnt rly matter to me but I know a few people will have these

only way to really know for sure is os the company how it operates if it stays on when left on the charger or auto shuts off when charged... Or you could bust out a voltmeter and test it... i did to mine to make sure it shut the power off when fully charged.

One of the main reasons why I opt out of chargers and just buy energizer batteries, honestly I play for hours on end most days and the batteries are fine.
Chargers are good for more than one Wiimote though I guess, I only have one so I don't need to make sure the rest are all working.

Thanks for the heads up though.

i was the same way... you have to play alot of wii to kill the copper tops... atleast mine you did.. i just got the recharger because we use 4 wiimotes all the time and they came with free colored grip colors... now everyone has a fully charged wiimote, and there own color so its there own fault if its not ready to play...

ya i gots the nyko and it works like a charm excepting that it wont fit into a wii zapper

You get what you pay for. Shame on those that thought that all were made equal... the money goes somewhere, and the places that offer anything cheaper are cutting corners in order to do it. These corners are usually not in the end-user's best interest, but the nature of the corner-cutting isn't usually clear until much later, when it's too late.

A good charger with good batteries will ultimately save you money and keep a lot of unnecessary garbage out of the landfills. Shame on those also who subscribe to the "throw-away" mentality. Disposable this and disposable that, just because it seems "cheaper" and you keep wanting shiny new stuff.

Go here:
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/

Back