WARNING TO all wii owners

Link_Sword

WiiChat Member
Jul 31, 2007
Hey everyone, i wanted to give you all a heads up on a wii system screw up. Many wiis are quite silent when playing games and won't bother you remotely while playing. But i had a launch day wii and about 6 months in it has begun to make a much louder hmm (disc spinning). I thought nothing of it. Then last night i tried to play wii sports, and disc error appreared . I thought that had the error because the disc was pretty scratched up. So i decided against trying again wii sports again and wait to get it cleaned the next morning (every other game was working fine up to this point). So today i play MoHH2 for maybe 10 mins this morning and battalion wars2 about 20 mins then went to church. After church i went to get wii sports polished, so most scratches are removed and i went home to try it out.

So i pop it in and i hear its regular loud hum, then it give me the disc read error. "Oh well i thought, what a horrible back up plan to play Mohh2:lol: "
So i put that in then it freezes 3 times in a row. So then i call nintendo the lady is friendly and runs me through the trouble shooting. After that, she tells me to put in bwii2. So i do it runs fine. But then she say i should send it in for repair or for a fully new one. So theres my story, so if your wii begins to hum excessively loud, or sounds like it is trying to launch into orbit be forewarned that you might want to get the laser check.

I wish quiet peacefully playing wiis, and put in some hours for me!

I bought my Wii from a friend who got it the day of its launch (all he does is play Halo, so he didn't have use for it anymore & knew I wanted to buy one), so thanks for the heads up!!! Knock on wood, I haven't had this problem...

actually mine once broke about 2 weeks after christmas.... i thought my little brother shoved a gamecube game in with the call of duty 3 already in there...i couldn't pop any disc out or in...eventually, we had to send it to nintendo. they r4eturned it, everything worked fine...except for the constant click clack tack sound

edit: my dad waited 14 hours in line for my wii the day it came out, he said he was at a party thingy with my my mom...so yea, its a launch day wii, even though i didn't get it until christmas and my dad gave it away (same thing when i got my gc) by letting me open a game my uncle (same uncle both times) gave me but he "thought" the game would work with my old system....my mom was so pissed

Last edited:
My friend has a launch Wii that's been working fine so far... mine's not a launch Wii, and it's always been a bit loud but it's running fine.

Ouch talk about the christmas blues.......:frown2: Don't ya hate it when you know what your getting for christmas but have it until? I'd rather not know alltogether.

My Wii is king
Not a sound, On some parts of Metroid yes, It must be really pushing that power haha
Always cool, I have the best Wii ever

Lauch day in UK from GAME

I thought mine was loud once when playing LoZ:TP, but I think it was just me...I was playing late at night and I think it just seemed loud. Hopefully this is not a common problem, it would be a major blow to Nintendo's Rep and then PR would have to work hard to smooth things over. I hope everything works out for you all right

I have a launch Wii and have had no problems.

Probably just a manufacturing defect in your unit that has caused failure over time.

Not like the 33% failure rate on XBox 360's... Just saying...

I also have a launch day Wii and haven't had any problems.
Sorry about the problems you're experiencing....at least Nintendo has good customer service so you can get it fixed up. :)

Sad story:lol: But anyway my wii dosent "Hum" wii sports dosent work sometimes ,my other games work

Mines loud. I had it for 10 monthes and I have no problem with my Wii.

Back