Warranty and Repairs question

unacart

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2008
Hi,
I sent my new Wii for repair due to disk errors the other day.

I was wondering, if the warranty is reset for every repair, does that mean no matter how many times my Wii has a technical issue (that is not my fault), Nintendo will still repair it and reset the warranty? Or is it if I have any more problems after repair I can get another repair and that's it.

So basically, is the warranty unlimited supposing you get a repair every year before the warranty is up? (I course I would not do that unless my Wii is truly broken).

I asked Nintendo the same question. If they return the same unit you shipped for repair the original warranty doesn't change. If however the repairs are extensive and they need to send you a refurbished unit you'll get another year on that unit.

So suppose your repaired wii is broken again (Long live your Wii), will they just offer another repair if it is still under the 1 year repair warranty? And what happens after that repair? Is the warranty gone after 2 repairs?

Defragged, just curious, what type of shipping box did it come back in?

unacart said:
So suppose your repaired wii is broken again (Long live your Wii), will they just offer another repair if it is still under the 1 year repair warranty? And what happens after that repair? Is the warranty gone after 2 repairs?

Defragged, just curious, what type of shipping box did it come back in?
A run-of-the-mill brown box filled with styrofoam peanuts.

My understanding is you have a 1 year warranty on the unit you purchased (get an extra 90 days by registering online). If they had to send you a refurbished unit instead of the one you sent in, you should get another year.

Ok, problem solved. Nintendo says that every time a repair is issued, the warranty is reseted to one more year plus the 3 extra months. That's customer service.

About the box and the peanut packaging, I hope nothing gets damaged.

Back