Wasn't Mario a Plumber???

gregjp48@e

WiiChat Member
Aug 11, 2007
Ok, i may have missed quite a few things along the way, but how did Mario end up jumping platforms and killing everything from goombas to bowser? I thought he was a plumber, do most plumbers jump on people's heads to save princesses? It's something I was curious about, and since Gametrailers has yet to release a retrospective for the Mario series, I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks.

Edit: Just found out. Apparently he got sucked down into mushroom kingdom on a job? You see what happens when you don't own an NES?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, its a good thing mario ended up stomping on goombas and koopas cause i for one dont want to play a game where all you do is plumbing

@ mr money

if the world map is anything like the ones seen in super mario world or super mario rpg, id say that mario, luigi, waluigi and wario are the closest things shed be getting to a heterosexual (non-incest) human relationship.

gregjp48 said:
Ok, i may have missed quite a few things along the way, but how did Mario end up jumping platforms and killing everything from goombas to bowser? I thought he was a plumber, do most plumbers jump on people's heads to save princesses? It's something I was curious about, and since Gametrailers has yet to release a retrospective for the Mario series, I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks.

Edit: Just found out. Apparently he got sucked down into mushroom kingdom on a job? You see what happens when you don't own an NES?

Yeah but he was sucked to the mushroom kingdom and i think the only way he can leave was too save the princess. Each, so according to me Mario started getting used to saving the princess and became the bigest hero in the mushroom kingdom.

som1 said:
lol, its a good thing mario ended up stomping on goombas and koopas cause i for one dont want to play a game where all you do is plumbing
plumbing the princess ... that I'd play hahaha. Running pipes through a Peach never felt so good.

Big problem in that concept that Mario got sucked into mushroom kingdom because there are games I.E. Mario and Luigi Partners in time, where they are babies and they are in mushroom kingdom.

I think Mario has consumed one too many 'shrooms if you ask me. I bet if he'd cut back on his habit he may find that his perception of reality a bit different. :)

i think mario should just go away and let the pricess be eaten or whatever bowser actually wants with her.

and try and get sucked into hyrule i mean zelda is so much more womanly than peach who is like a little girl in comparison

Really?

som1 said:

You never played that game where the toxic waste is flowing and you need to make sure it goes in the right tunnel so you have to rotate the pipes so that it doesn't kill everyone

Well i got a good laugh though this thread..anyways, mario is one cool Plumber...not only does he save the Princess but he's a Party Animal.. i through how many parties now...8, with also the one on Gameboy Advance. not only that, he played Golf, Tennis, Soccer, Baseball..am i missing anything...he is one Busy Plumber..if you ask me, i think he retired his Job as a Plumber ever since he rescued the Princess

@ gregjp48: My dad is a plumber and i never saw him jump on any giant Turtles with Spikes on it.

Last edited:
Back