wat can be improved on the wii?

dan1123 said:
I think the best thing would be a Mii Town type downloadable where people could choose/decorate a house, chat, share pictures from the photo channel, and meet for games.

:thumbsup:

1)Headset - That would completely eradicate any faint doubts I hav with myWii. It would make me very happy, but if we dont get it, then I'll manage!

All I want currently, i love my wii and am very excited by the upcoming lineup. If you dont like the Internet Channel, dont use it, yet I bought my Wii for its gaming, so these little channels dont interest me nor annoy me.

Eagles said:
I think increased memory would be nice. You start to run out of room after you are bored, near the Wii Shop channel and have a credit card around......

I still don't get why people just don't remove the VC games they aren't going to play again or at least not anytime soon. Unless you feel some sort of pride seeing them all shown on your Wii menu I don't really understand it.

dan1123 said:
I think the best thing would be a Mii Town type downloadable where people could choose/decorate a house, chat, share pictures from the photo channel, and meet for games.
Lol. And people complain about Sony stealing from Nintendo*cough*HOME!*cough* lol J/k

vagrant said:
I still don't get why people just don't remove the VC games they aren't going to play again or at least not anytime soon. Unless you feel some sort of pride seeing them all shown on your Wii menu I don't really understand it.

Its not just VC games though, Guitar Hero 3 is coming out and there was word of downloading songs via the Nintendo WI-Fi connection. With only a limited amount of memory I don't know how succesful it will be. A qoute from the IGN article on this:

"Easily the biggest challenge, however, is the issue of space - or in Wii's case, lack there of. The console features 512 megabytes of onboard flash memory (about 312 megabytes is usable), which is there to store saved game data, Virtual Console titles and Channels. When one considers that some N64 titles alone can weight in at 64 megabytes, well, that space doesn't amount for much. Each track in Guitar Hero III can be upward of 15 megabytes since they are multi-layered and there are dozens upon dozens of possible songs. Do you see where we're going with this? There are only two possible solutions: the songs will need to be saved to either an unreleased hard drive attachment or they will alternatively need to go to an SD card - the latter is now available in sizes up to eight gigabytes. But there issues that comes with SD cards on Wii, too. So far, games cannot store data directly to SD cards -- it goes into Wii system memory and then it can be copied over -- so downloading songs could be a troublesome affair at the very least. Depending on what kind of DRM protection the songs included, if any, matters could be made all the more difficult."

Other games will come across the same issue in the future....

Last edited:
dan1123 said:

Your thinkng of Sony's online "home" service

Eagles said:
Its not just VC games though, Guitar Hero 3 is coming out and there was word of downloading songs via the Nintendo WI-Fi connection. With only a limited amount of memory I don't know how succesful it will be. A qoute from the IGN article on this:

"Easily the biggest challenge, however, is the issue of space - or in Wii's case, lack there of. The console features 512 megabytes of onboard flash memory (about 312 megabytes is usable), which is there to store saved game data, Virtual Console titles and Channels. When one considers that some N64 titles alone can weight in at 64 megabytes, well, that space doesn't amount for much. Each track in Guitar Hero III can be upward of 15 megabytes since they are multi-layered and there are dozens upon dozens of possible songs. Do you see where we're going with this? There are only two possible solutions: the songs will need to be saved to either an unreleased hard drive attachment or they will alternatively need to go to an SD card - the latter is now available in sizes up to eight gigabytes. But there issues that comes with SD cards on Wii, too. So far, games cannot store data directly to SD cards -- it goes into Wii system memory and then it can be copied over -- so downloading songs could be a troublesome affair at the very least. Depending on what kind of DRM protection the songs included, if any, matters could be made all the more difficult."

Other games will come across the same issue in the future....

Problem solved, don't buy guitar hero.

And I would prefer not having anything like Sony Home.

I use my console to play games. If I want to just chit chat with people I will use my computer.

Back