wat will be the bigger hit mp3 or ssbb?

Do YOU realise the WiiChat community are extremely small fry in terms of game sales? Do you also realise we all basically clamour for online play here. Most of the members want it badly. Do the normal Nintendo fans? Not to the same extent it's supported here. No online will not be a game breaker. Do you also realise the amount of SSBB fanboys on here? It's rediculous. On top of that theres a game drought atm. Metroid will break it. Furthermore what the hell sort of relevance does having a Smash section and not a Metroid section have on game sales? All it shows is the popularity of Smash on this site. Let's not forget most of those threads are premature and fairly childish discussion of clans etc and not the game.

As for the relevance of Galaxy. It has huge relevance whether in the thread title or not. A lot of people won't be able to afford 3 games in the short window these could possibly come out in. Therefore sales of Galaxy will affect SSBB and Metroid sales as well.

Leave Galexy out of this, the thread is asking for SSBB and metroid.

Now I think in my opinion that Smash Bro's will sell more, In reality I think it will sell more too, a lot of people really care about online play, not just wiichat which will be a selling factor too. I also think that Smash Bro's has been hyped up alot more then metroid has, also when smash bro's is released there will be quite a few things we don't know like who are all the charecters and the stages so there still be some mystery when it is released. I think that metroid will match it in graphics but because the gameplay is completly different it's harder to compare them.

DazzeL said:
Do YOU realise the WiiChat community are extremely small fry in terms of game sales? Do you also realise we all basically clamour for online play here. Most of the members want it badly. Do the normal Nintendo fans? Not to the same extent it's supported here. No online will not be a game breaker. Do you also realise the amount of SSBB fanboys on here? It's rediculous. On top of that theres a game drought atm. Metroid will break it. Furthermore what the hell sort of relevance does having a Smash section and not a Metroid section have on game sales? All it shows is the popularity of Smash on this site. Let's not forget most of those threads are premature and fairly childish discussion of clans etc and not the game.
You're acting like this site is totally opposite from the rest of the world. Most of the consumers are exactly the same as the majority of this site (I can almost promise you, but sadly there's no worldwide poll I can force all gamers to take). You're freaking proving my point throughout your ENTIRE POST.
DazzeL said:
Do you also realise we all basically clamour for online play here. Most of the members want it badly.
Who's going to have online play?
DazzeL said:
Do you also realise the amount of SSBB fanboys on here?
Wiichat is the average consumer.
DazzeL said:
Furthermore what the hell sort of relevance does having a Smash section and not a Metroid section have on game sales? All it shows is the popularity of Smash on this site.
For the last time, Wiichat IS the average consumer, whether you want to believe or not. You know how many of my friends alone are actually buying a Wii only for the sake of Brawl? Just out of my group of friends, 3. 3 people buying the Wii only for SSBB. I know zero people buying it just for Metroid. There's just too much proof showing that SSBB is going to beat Metroid.
DazzeL said:
As for the relevance of Galaxy. It has huge relevance whether in the thread title or not. A lot of people won't be able to afford 3 games in the short window these could possibly come out in. Therefore sales of Galaxy will affect SSBB and Metroid sales as well.
Hah, I don't care. Talk about what you want, obviously you don't care if it's off-topic. :rolleyes:

I'm welcome to debate as long as you want, buddy. :]

ssbb_lover said:
You're acting like this site is totally opposite from the rest of the world. Most of the consumers are exactly the same as the majority of this site (I can almost promise you, but sadly there's no worldwide poll I can force all gamers to take). You're freaking proving my point throughout your ENTIRE POST.

Who's going to have online play?

Wiichat is the average consumer.

For the last time, Wiichat IS the average consumer, whether you want to believe or not. You know how many of my friends alone are actually buying a Wii only for the sake of Brawl? Just out of my group of friends, 3. 3 people buying the Wii only for SSBB. I know zero people buying it just for Metroid. There's just too much proof showing that SSBB is going to beat Metroid.

Hah, I don't care. Talk about what you want, obviously you don't care if it's off-topic. :rolleyes:

I'm welcome to debate as long as you want, buddy. :]

I understand his point about the 'ssbb fanboys' as there is quite a few here but yes at least 80% of this forum is a normal everyday consumer. The other 20% consists of 'fanboys'

Wade said:
How is it "new"? This is the third iteration of the series, in its third generation. SSB is over eight years old now. Anything that started in the N64 era is no longer new.

Actually, if you read his whole post that you quoted, you would have seen that he said SSBB was a new Nintendo thing, not SSB (as a series). He is correct.

FR. said:
Actually, if you read his whole post that you quoted, you would have seen that he said SSBB was a new Nintendo thing, not SSB (as a series). He is correct.

If that's what he meant then what was the point of the comment at all....he was comparing it with MP3 saying SSBB is a new nintendo thing so it will sell more? Um...well MP3 is also a new nintendo thing. So either he is misinformed about SSB or he is just dumb.

FR. said:
As vagrant has pointed out, MP3 is new in the same sense that SSBB is. There is no reason to point out that one is new, as if that's some sort of advantage over the other, when the other is also new in the same sense.

Wade said:
As vagrant has pointed out, MP3 is new in the same sense that SSBB is. There is no reason to point out that one is new, as if that's some sort of advantage over the other, when the other is also new in the same sense.

Ok sorry for not making that sence...

It surely is a new game for the Wii (lool).. just like Brawl.

Bah, I shouldn't have said that it was a new Nintendo thing.. I was actually trying to say it in another way...

As to the topic again :

Brawl is one of the most expecting games by the Nintendo gamers, as it attracts new gamers to play it too. MP3 is a game with a big environment with many things to explore, and that requires some patience, those gamers that aren't capable to be patients while playing "will not buy" this game.

That's why Brawl is a choice for all the gamers, and because of that it will sell more than MP3.

But it doesn't mean that Brawl is better than MP3..

Last edited:
blankconnection said:
these threads are getting too redundant.

Didn't you say that in the other thread?
ssbb_lover said:
You know how many people Nintendo lost by announcing there would be no online for Metroid? You know how many people Nintendo gained by announcing online for Brawl?

Irony is, the Wii is the perfect system for MP3C while even SSBB fans aren't altogether excited about using the wiimote for their game. So you guys--who may as well be playing on a GC--get 7th gen features. On the other hand, shooter fans--which personify one the greatest advantages of the of the Wiimote over the PS360--get jack. :sad:

Wiinter said:
On the other hand, shooter fans--which personify one the greatest advantages of the of the Wiimote over the PS360--get jack. :sad:

That's a true fact.

Gameplay is what best describes the use of the Wii.
FPSs were a bomb in PC, then came Halo for the XBOX, and now there's a Wiimote.. what better realism can you possibly have without a Wiimote??

However, SSBB will be played with 4 types of controller (Wiimote, vertical stand and horizontal stand, GC controller, and Classic Controller). So it will have some realism in it's gameplay, by being played with the Wiimote.

even SSBB fans aren't altogether excited about using the wiimote for their game.

People that say that will end up trying the Wiimote in Brawl, at least they will have some curiosity. :scared:

demonflair said:
However, SSBB will be played with 4 types of controller (Wiimote, vertical stand and horizontal stand, GC controller, and Classic Controller). So it will have some realism in it's gameplay, by being played with the Wiimote.

People that say that will end up trying the Wiimote in Brawl, at least they will have some curiosity. :scared:

Realism? In MP3C, you're actually manipulating the wiimote the way you would use in-game equipment--what sort of realism does the wiimote add in SSBB? The only controls I've seen so far have been button-presses.

I've been ignoring SSBB threads for a while, but last I read, virtually everyone thought they'd be using classic or GC controllers. Even the game creator recommended people hold onto their GC controllers. People without a GC controller will use what they have, but otherwise... it does seem to be the most comfortable choice.

Last edited:
foolsarmy said:
good points but ne 1 getting ssbb im woooping ur arse ◎.◎
suuure you would......... and you posted that from wii didnt ya

anyway, uhhmm its very very very close, but ill say ssbb

i just love how on the metriod no online thread i said that metroid would be better with online play and will sell less and now everyone says it will not sell as good u guys are embarsing, and by the way ssbb will not have any motion sensing so it might not sell as much as metroid

Back