Wavebird no longer shipping to Stores?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
If it were any other time the death of the sublime wireless Wavebird controller designed for Nintendo's Gamecube would have gone by with a tear and some good memories, but with Smash Bros. Brawl just around the corner it feels more like bad timing. A Nintendo customer service representative told GoNintendo that there aren't plans to restock Wavebird controllers in stores again; however, regular wired Gamecube controllers will continue to be available.

We've been advocating the use of the Wavebird for anyone that plans to use a Gamecube controller when Smash Bros. Brawl releases next month. Might be time to visit the local pawn shop and see if Wavebirds are available there, or just accept the use of the Wiimote, Classic Controller or the wired Gamecube controller – ewwww, wires!

Source:
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/02/nintendo-wavebird-no-longer-shipping-to-stores/

Kinda disappointed with the news, I was planning on picking one of these up sometime..never did when I had the chance to.

Doesn't bother me.
I've had mine since the gamecube days.
cool.gif

I've already experienced.

Used grey ones are everywhere, and you'll even be able to find a new grey one if you look hard enough. Platinum ones one the other hand are nowhere to be seen. Good luck finding one.

What kinda noobs use wireless?:lol: (Jk)

I never used a wavebird and i already bought my "wired" black gamecube controller for brawl and will open it when i get the game :cool:

swordkirby said:
solidkirby? you didn't copy my name, did you?
I should be asking you that.
I joined before you.
laugh.gif

laderer5 said:
What kinda noobs use wireless?:lol: (Jk)

I never used a wavebird and i already bought my "wired" black gamecube controller for brawl and will open it when i get the game :cool:
I also have a platinum (
biggrin.gif
) wired gamecube controller. And, the cord length is laughable.
Or, maybe I'm just spoiled with everything be wireless.

Back