Wavebird support confirmed

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Right from the moment Nintendo announced that GameCube controllers would be compatible with the Wii it has been debated whether the Wavebird would also be supported.

A Nintendo representative today revealed that yes the Wii will support the Wavebird controller too. Here's what was revealed:

• WaveBirds and GameCube controllers can be used with all GameCube games and select Wii Disc games. (Emphasis ours.)
  • WaveBirds are used as Nintendo GameCube controllers, so they need to use the receivers.
  • The WaveBird receiver does indeed fit into the top of Wii.
  • WaveBird and GameCube controller compatibility with Virtual Console games has not been announced. Nintendo will release more details about Virtual Console games and controls closer to launch.

Source: http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1159465412

I was curious about the wavebirds, but I knew Nintendo would be smart enough to include support for them. Wired controllers are so 1980s.

lol old news its not that hard to support the wavebird in the first place it just has to fit in top wow thats so hard to design a flap that doesn't get in the way

Flip said:
I was curious about the wavebirds, but I knew Nintendo would be smart enough to include support for them. Wired controllers are so 1980s.

Yeah, controllers that didnt even exist are so kewl.

Cool, I thought the receivers wouldn't fit because the ports look flatter on the Wii than on the Gamecube, I'll keep my Wavebirds now, can't stand leads .

Back