Way to play with headphones

Shoot2Kyll

Sound Whore
Nov 26, 2010
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
I really want to start playing with headphones on, because it seems like people who do have the edge on you, but I don't have ones that connect to my TV. Does anyone know of some cheap, but good head phones for your tv, or at least what kind of cord I would need to connect the Headset to the tv? Thanks in advance

hey you dont connect it to your tv you connect any mic with a USB plug into the wii,
cheapest it could get 15$

No, I meant like headphones for game audio, not player talking, anyway I found aw way to do it

I have my Wii hooked up through my stereo surround. When I play at night I use a $20 pair of headphones and a LONG ass extension wire. Makes it sound real cool and helps with your gameplay for sure. Not that you need it much ... your pretty bad ass anyway.

Lol, thanks. I've almost got Ninja PRO just need one more backstab and 50 more suppressed kills. It's insane how easy free for all is when you know where someone is when they go to reload!

ya I got ya. What your going to have to do is find a headset that has an amp or make sure the end of your headset cord is red and white or find a red and white cord adapter, then you unplug the red and white cord from you tv put the red and white cord from your wii into your amp or cord adapter to your headset and leave the yellow cord in your tv for video. The rca cord you get with your wii pulls apart. I have very good headphones I use on my ps3 and I had to do the same thing you're going to do. Your headset becomes useless though, except they can here you.

Another thing you could do especially if you are using multiple things that run on RCA's is a A/V switch box with a headphone jack. I got one at Radio Shack that was a 4 way box with headphone jack for about 20 bucks. Something similar to this ...

Attachments

• IMG_6176.JPG
    IMG_6176.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 755
ya I got ya. What your going to have to do is find a headset that has an amp or make sure the end of your headset cord is red and white or find a red and white cord adapter, then you unplug the red and white cord from you tv put the red and white cord from your wii into your amp or cord adapter to your headset and leave the yellow cord in your tv for video. The rca cord you get with your wii pulls apart. I have very good headphones I use on my ps3 and I had to do the same thing you're going to do. Your headset becomes useless though, except they can here you.

I already figured it out thanks though, it's some complicated wiring with a **** ton of extensions and playing the audio through our speaker system, I didn't have the right cord, so I improvised

@Lazyjack, yeah when we were playing I was hearing every little movement from people, I always knew when the bomb was being planted too

Last edited:
Back