We always get cheaped!

E7ernal

Error Getting Statistics
Sep 18, 2006
London, UK
Wii always get stiffed!

Why do we always get cheaped?
I find out that we get guitar hero 3 and am exited until I find it's not even made by harmonix! I've played their previous games (before the GH series) and I thought they were good but it's probably going to be a bit cruddy without them.
Then, I find out that Harmonix are making a X-Box 360 and PS3 exclusive game 'Rock Band'. What's up with that? Can games producers not see that the Wii is starting to outsell all of the other consoles, or are they just on Microsoft's payroll.
Can they not also see that the wii would be the best format for such a game?
Use the wiimote and nunchuk as drumsticks? Not a bloody PS3 controller!
Who would buy a seperate (non-motion sensing) peripheral for each instrument?
And why are we getting half-done ports all the time as opposed to long-lasting original 3rd party efforts.
Finally how come the Wii version of Spiderman 3 looks worse then most PS2 games?

rant over. discuss.

EDIT: The reason there is strange language (e.g. cruddy, cheaped etc is due to a mod edit - don't look at me).

Last edited:
Seems you've covered most of what I was feeling.

It would have been SO easy to have a drummer, bassist and main guitar on the Wii version. If a headset peripheral is on the horizon then we could have nearly an entire band in one game :)

E7ernal said:
it's probably going to be a bit cruddy without them.

discuss.

It seems a tad harsh to be so critical before the first preview?

itd be really hard for a new dev to screw up guitar hero
theres not much to it
add new characters, unlockables, what nots and songs
gameplay is the same

the game wont change at all, the game is still being made by the harmonix production team, they just sold out to MTV games, read into it more b4 you freak out.

and yes, there is to be a game called Rock Band(working title mind you) that will have vocals, guitar(rythym and/or lead), bass, and drums But they've never said it was console exclusive, in fact, the only consoles confirmed are ps3 and wii, no 360 rock band game confirmed yet

Discuss

Last edited:
I remember hearing about some games being made for the Wii along the lines of Rock Band and Nintendo is making Wii Music so i don't think u should be so sad.

Wii music is only confirmed to have Wii drums and Wii orchestra though, rock band and guitar hero are completely different

I like the sound of wii music although I much prefer the sound performing a cover version of a rock song on Rock Band rather than a cover of say, Zelda on Wii music.

EDIT: The mod edit of my original thread-starting post is so messed up.

Last edited:
Well, see Nintendo has Mario, Metroid and Zelda and all these big games. It is hard to make games while competing with those games.

So pretty much where getting Nintendo games, Starting companies looking for a console to make games on, which then they will get big and decide if they want to betray us or stay with us. Or we will get Big companies that makes games for all consoles(EA, Ubisoft, Capcom, Konami...).

We never get the middle class companies like Bungie, Rare(Was a small company then got big and betrayed us.) and Epic Games.

Last edited:
Back