We arent the only ones annoyed by wii shortages.....

thats because the shortage is suppose to happen over the winter and holiday season "apperantly"

theres wii shortages...so they release more games for 360 or ps3.....but the wii has SOLD more than both of them?

idiots..

RedProdigy said:
What kind of logic is Midway using? The Wii has sold over 13 million in less than one year, catching up with the 360, and it decides not to make games because of shortages? Oh give me a break. Now would be the time to START throwing support, not WITHHOLDING it. Maybe Midway doesn't like money or something. It's almost as bad as people wishing that the Wii would be a fad so they don't have to make Wii games.

As for the shortage, what's causing it is more about high consumer demand rather than Nintendo itself. I mean, Nintendo just sold 500k Wiis in last month's NPD with frikken Halo 3 out. In Japan, there are no shortages of Wiis actually. Nintendo pledged a couple of million more Wiis the rest of this year.

PS: Resident Evil 4 Wii is about to sell 1 million. Shortages have nothing to go with demands for games.
You guys don't read well or don't pay attention well, its not just a shortage in consoles that they are talking about. Nintendo makes the disk the companies put their games on, so if nintendo is having a shortage in that department too then how can game companies get their product out, they can't and that is what midway is talking about.
and for the guy having wii's in your store well thats because all the production for the wii has been moved for Europe and then to the Release of the wii in china.
For the comment of a couple million wii's how far do you think that goes in 3 countries?
Economics people economics, oh and im sorry thats 5 Countries. That my friend is not going to cover the demand for wii's, and thats nice they sold that much but if you look at the sales charts those numbers aren't moving as fast as they were, and the number of people who want wii's are, if you actually look at it the wii has been falling for the last 3 to 4 months, esp in its own native land Japan. Like a previous poster stated Supply and demand plays a major part in a consoles survival.

Last edited:
Maybe I will start caring about what Midway says when..you know..it actually starts putting games out (I wasn't aware of a single game announced for Wii made by them) This is the first time I have heard about disk shortages. Has EA, Ubisoft, Capcom, Namco, and other publishers actually putting out games said anything about this?

Sales aren't moving as fast? Are you kidding? This is the case for Japan because of the lack of big titles but the Wii sold over 400k over 3 months in a row, 2 months which were in the summer. July and Sept figures blew everyone away. The Wii was slowing down in the middle of the year but now it's gaining more momentum. Super Mario Galaxy is just around the corner. Capcom, Ubisoft, and EA have been doing well.

RedProdigy said:
Maybe I will start caring about what Midway says when..you know..it actually starts putting games out (I wasn't aware of a single game announced for Wii made by them) This is the first time I have heard about disk shortages. Has EA, Ubisoft, Capcom, Namco, and other publishers actually putting out games said anything about this?

Sales aren't moving as fast? Are you kidding? This is the case for Japan because of the lack of big titles but the Wii sold over 400k over 3 months in a row, 2 months which were in the summer. July and Sept figures blew everyone away. The Wii was slowing down in the middle of the year but now it's gaining more momentum. Super Mario Galaxy is just around the corner. Capcom, Ubisoft, and EA have been doing well.
400k from what was it selling, then compare that to what the other consoles have sold for the last 3 months and you will see the we is falling in the system sells. yes other companies have said the same thing as soon as i find those articles i will post that as well.

jjrules352 said:
i no tha thers massive wiii shortages in the US but her in france they r advertising it :wtf:

Guess what, Wii is getting advertised in America too:yikes:

damn it! we know that! dont post that useless crap here, why dont you read what its about and then post

yungblood6 said:
400k from what was it selling, then compare that to what the other consoles have sold for the last 3 months and you will see the we is falling in the system sells. yes other companies have said the same thing as soon as i find those articles i will post that as well.

Well that was to be expected. Both consoles have had price cuts and the 360 got a little game called Halo 3. However, with last month, a bigger deal was made out of the 360 only outselling the Wii by 20-30k than the 360 actually outselling the Wii. The 360 got its arguably biggest game yet the Wii managed to keep up even without any big-selling games. That speaks volumes.

I think that if disk shortages were really a problem, publishers would be complaining a lot more. Why is this the first time I'm hearing this? Now that I learned what Midway has on the Wii, I'm even less inclined to take it seriously.

zapasant93 said:
damn it! we know that! dont post that useless crap here, why dont you read what its about and then post

Who was that aimed at?

yungblood6 said:
They have no since of buisness they think shortages is a good thing, yea that means a lot of people want your system but if you cant meet the demand they go elsewhere. Shortages are indeed a bad thing, microsoft learned this and thats why they increased production on their system and now there is no problems finding an 360. So why nintendo is basking in its glory of being on top for a minute, there are no wii's on store shelves so guess who is going to be getting all the buisness this holiday, yea thats right Microsoft and Sony

Again for the 100th time.
Wii's are selling well because of its overall broad appeal.
360 has been out for a year, thats why you see them on the freaking shelves.
They have had a year to get them out.
Holy smokes.

And no Wii's on store shelves?
Thats cus they move like hotcakes man. Once it touches them, its gone within seconds. And just because there are shortages does not mean there will not be anymore Wii's in stores. :lol:

Also people left Wiiless are not going to turn elsewhere.
Surely they will stick it out, but thats just more facts you can never back up.
As most of what you say on here is solely opinion.

I thought because quarterly margins were already over-met for all 2006 and 2007 financial data gathering times that production was slowed down to protect futures (1Q and 2Q 2008 especially) so that individual financial periods would all get a piece of the pie and win their respective time slots, thus building momentum and buzz press along the way. Has this already been confirmed and/or laid to rest theoretically?

If companies are holding back game release dates based on a few more hundred thousand wii owners by the end of 2Q 2008 then I'd expect a lot of Spring releases I guess. It's been HARD this year - this last summer I was really quite bored but hung in there waiting for this holiday season, so I sure hope I'm not forced to wait an additional few months but I already see some previously future-dated releases going back to TBA 2008 so that is something to take a look at, I agree. Interesting post OP.

Back