We know ok!!!!!!

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Hi people, this is a rant ill warn u in advance. Lately i have been hearing about people complaining wiis graphics. I was reading egm and they had their revieew of resident evil 4 on wii. they said that the graphics no longer impress after seeing games in hi def for 2 years. also in the same magazine, in the review of smg, they said that it wouldnt hurt if wii was a bit more powerful. the graphics are good but not excellent. also in a thread posted by zapsant93, someone from ngamer reviews brawl and doesnt like wii in general. u would think that wii owners would know that the graphics are not on par with 360 and ps3 after hearing about it for a year and a half. They think they are being subtle in mocking wiis graphics but we know. So my point is that we know that wiis graphics are not good. no need to keep reminding us. if us wii owners have no problem with it, why should u? if u want hd graphics, pick up a 360 or ps3, leave us alone.

'nuff said

Yes, the game critics need to get that through their thick heads.....along with people who chose 360 or PS3 over Wii.

It's the deffensive "videophile" gamer. These so called "hardcore graphics" gamers that want there systems specs to be top each year.

Just poor sports because there system is loosing to a more "popish" system on the sales end.

It was the same way for the IPod, sure there are better MP3 players on the market, they have more features,memory,larger screen ect. ect. but people still picked up the user friendly simple IPod over and over again making it number one.

Now its happening in the Video Game Console world and they are just being deffensive. There is no reason to be in my opinion, all the consoles do excellent in one way or another and they all are selling more than enough that they will still be around for another generation, so there is nothing to be deffensive or scared about. Im geeked about all the competition this round its only good for the gamers when the consoles have to fight this much to be "cutting edge" we get the most for our dollar when things get flipped upside down and more people join the gaming community!

Not to mention the fact that RE4 is a hastily-done port and doesn't even take full-advantage of the Wii's graphics hardware.

Most of the people complaining about Wii graphics (in this forum) are either random new Wii owners or people who seem to be getting tired of their system while seeing all these gameplay trailers and screenshots of 360/PS3 games and are envious.

I think Wii graphics are fine, I think RE4, SMG, MP3, Zelda:TP, Godfather, etc. all look fine even after playing my 360 alot. As long as everything doesn't feel all dark and cloudy to where it feels like I can't tell whats going on then its fine.

Graphics by themselves do not make a game great. I've played some really good games that have weak graphics and I've also played games with stunning graphics and weak gameplay. Graphics do add to a game's appeal but I wouldn't buy a game just because it looks amazing.

Nintendo took a risk when creating the Wii, the system could have flopped. Instead of dropping money into the video cards, they looked into new technology to make games more enjoyable for all types of gamers, not just the hardcore gamer niche. Now that they know they have something that will survive the technological market, the next attempt will have better visual specs as well as online capabilities.

As the original poster said, if you want stunning hd graphics, pick up a 360 or ps3. And I'll also add, if you want fun and intuitive gameplay, pick up any system and try the games before you buy.

Thor's Hammer said:
Graphics by themselves do not make a game great. I've played some really good games that have weak graphics and I've also played games with stunning graphics and weak gameplay. Graphics do add to a game's appeal but I wouldn't buy a game just because it looks amazing.

Nintendo took a risk when creating the Wii, the system could have flopped. Instead of dropping money into the video cards, they looked into new technology to make games more enjoyable for all types of gamers, not just the hardcore gamer niche. Now that they know they have something that will survive the technological market, the next attempt will have better visual specs as well as online capabilities.

As the original poster said, if you want stunning hd graphics, pick up a 360 or ps3. And I'll also add, if you want fun and intuitive gameplay, pick up any system and try the games before you buy.

I like that... Most people will try to act like the Wii is the only one thats fun and 360/PS3 have bad gameplay simply because graphics.

100% agreed! I have to admit, I am a graphics whore. But I already know the Wii does not have the hardware to output good graphics. What made me get the Wii is it's controls, not it's graphics. To satisfy my graphics, I have a great PC so it goes hand in hand with my Wii.

I'm a geek. I can appreciate good graphics. I am jealous of the good graphics of the PS3 and Xbox 360.

However, the games on the Wii make me plenty-happy and several don't have equals on the other platforms. So I live with the graphics and use the money I saved on other things (like more games). And owning/playing a Wii doesn't make me feel "dirty".

Thor's Hammer said:

true. i was given a choice between ps3, 360 and wii and i chose wii because i wanted to have fun and also because i have been a nintendo loyalist since the snes days. sure 360 and ps3 have great grafx with good gameplay but thats not what i am after, for this generation atleast.

Graphic don't make a game, i always played intelivision in the early 80's before my dad bought 2 nintendos, one for him and one for me. i remember my favorite intelivision games were tank battle, Dungons and Dragons, snapfu, donky kong. then came nintendo, zelda and castlevania were my 2 all time faavorite. but I bought these rediculesly diffeclt video games, one was Blaster Master and 2 was Nightmare on elms street and 3rd was Friday the 13th. I traded them into funcoland, once my babysitter bought me the game Dr jekel and Mr. Hayde, i took it back no more than 5 to 10 minutes ugh that game was so horrorable. if ninty ever releases Dr. Jekel & Mr. Hayde on the VC then we know the world is coming to a end.

I would love to see intelivision makes its way to VC,

Back