We need a good multiplayer shooter NOW.

CaseyCor

WiiChat Member
Aug 29, 2006
I want to sit down with 10 friends and kick the **** out of them, damnit! The wii is perfect for it, so get it done! I can't*believe Nintendo hasn't started working on an original sci-fi shooter to compete with Halo.

CaseyCor said:
I can't*believe Nintendo hasn't started working on an original sci-fi shooter to compete with Halo.

ya, there should be something where you travel to another world, and let this strange substance corrupt you and have it add power to your arsenal as you rapidly shoot down other bounty hunters who are vying for the same prize as you, before it corrupts you to the point that you are no longer yourself. We'll call it Corrupt! wait a sec.....

FWELR said:
ya, there should be something where you travel to another world, and let this strange substance corrupt you and have it add power to your arsenal as you rapidly shoot down other bounty hunters who are vying for the same prize as you, before it corrupts you to the point that you are no longer yourself. We'll call it Corrupt! wait a sec.....
That wouldn't be a NEW Original Sci-Fi multiplayer shooter, like I said. Metroid is NOT a first person shooter, it is a first person adventure, and also one of my favorite games of all time. I'm looking for a NEW story with a Halo-esqe style multiplayer, NOT a multuplayer add on to Metroid. Also, Prime 3 won't be released for quite some time, so it doesn't apply in this situation at all (the title says NOW). So pretty much, your stupid excuse for being witty has no relevance in this thread what-so-ever.

Last edited:
First of all if you sit down with ten friends and play games you have a heavily modded Wii

Second exactly what FWELR said why get a new FPS Metroid is an FPS just not one-player which makes it so much better

Face it Wii will never get a better FPS than Halo

I'm hoping Red Steel 2 will have an awesome multiplayer.
If you bought the Wii looking for awesome, online FPSs... you're probably not going to be very happy.

And hopefully Metroid Prime will have an onilne part. I know you said you don't really care but it would just make the game even better. That is, if they don't screw the single player.

The Wii is perfect for FPS's but the lack of a good online is keeping them at a bay

CaseyCor said:
That wouldn't be a NEW Original Sci-Fi multiplayer shooter, like I said. Metroid is NOT a first person shooter, it is a first person adventure, and also one of my favorite games of all time. I'm looking for a NEW story with a Halo-esqe style multiplayer, NOT a multuplayer add on to Metroid. Also, Prime 3 won't be released for quite some time, so it doesn't apply in this situation at all (the title says NOW). So pretty much, your stupid excuse for being witty has no relevance in this thread what-so-ever.

dude, calm down. great FPS with great online play don't pop out of the sky, so it can't happen now. prime 3 is gonna be an awesome adventure fps with online capabilities, mark my word. just be patient.

CaseyCor said:
get a xbox 360?

The wii will be a huge success with multiplayer and online games because from n64 to the wii has the better set up for a party style where more than two people can play and the wii needs to take advantage of that

Single player Metroid is more adventure puzzely with shooter tacticy... Whatever the hell genre you consider it.

But whatever seperates it from Halo would probobly be taken away in online and multi-player modes? In Metroid Hunters online do you run around shooting at random like online Halo or do you actualy need to think about things like Metroid single-player?

Now??? Games don't get **** out... Except at Ubisoft.

If there was a "good multiplayer shooter" coming realy soon we would already know about it. I only have hopes for one upcoming multiplayer shooter (besides Metroid if it has multiplayer) but there are still months to go.

Try 360 or last-gen systems.

Last edited:
Back