Warrior

WiiChat Member
Jun 11, 2007
Massive
Multiplayer
First
Person
Shooter

Metroid Prime 3 was our hope, but now that looks like it wont even be online! We need a game like halo/Gow/Vegas like on the 360.

Having metroid online would be great, but we would still need another one, maybe two MMOFPS'. Nintendo need to think of a good developer, to make it, and use the following:

Big variety of weapons, melee and fire arms
Good Graphics
Large, detailed maps.
good, fast online. minimum lag and errors.
No friend codes

Whos with me?

First, start a petition to let nintendo know that they need better hardware in their next console that you could actually RUN a mmofps on it. Im not sure I can see anything other than quake 2 running on the wii in a MMO environment.

theres already a mmofps coming out to the PCs and maybe 360/ps3 i believe..i cant remember the name at the moment though...

Online shooters and mmofps shooters are differnt fyi.
If you want a real mmofps buy a good computer.

Tabula Rasa + Huxley ftw:cool:
516716_20070604_screen003.jpg

huxley_screenshot_06.jpg

Tabula is PC only and Huxley is PC/360 though I hate shooters on analog.
No they're not coming to the Wii, nope no similar games are coming either.

StevenNevets said:
Online shooters and mmofps shooters are differnt fyi.
If you want a real mmofps buy a good computer.

Tabula Rasa + Huxley ftw:cool:
516716_20070604_screen003.jpg

huxley_screenshot_06.jpg

Tabula is PC only and Huxley is PC/360 though I hate shooters on analog.
No they're not coming to the Wii, nope no similar games are coming either.
Huxley! thats the one i was thinking of..

also yah dude, i read the rest of your post and realized, you dont even know what a MMO game is! MMOs are online games that are constantly alive, the game world is everyones playing field and they all interact as they see eachother

well online FPS' and MMOFPS' are usually the same. i wasnt talking about a whole world with guns and stuff, like WoW...more like an online FPS with some add-ons.

like each kill earns points that can be used to upgrade armour, weapons and skills. and maybe buy ammo. just a little MMo, not a big one, if you catch my drift lol.

Warrior said:
well online FPS' and MMOFPS' are usually the same. i wasnt talking about a whole world with guns and stuff, like WoW...more like an online FPS with some add-ons.

like each kill earns points that can be used to upgrade armour, weapons and skills. and maybe buy ammo. just a little MMo, not a big one, if you catch my drift lol.
mmofps and online fps are still totally different:smilewinkgrin:
a game like this is....counterstrike.....just get it for your pc, you obviously have one.. =/

As stated by Sovieto, mmofps and online fps are two totally different games. Mmofps tend to be more addictive, But mmo's tend to cost alot of money to run, so perhaps nintendo should charge a monthly subscription.

Also mmofps's tend to be more unpredictable and spontaneous where as an online fps tends to be horribly repetitive.

Try to research a little more my friend before you post.

I don't even think Metroid is going to be any good online. I've played the multiplayer for gamecube with 3 of my friends before and I have to say it really sucked. If it's the same concept for this Metroid only online I probably won't even think about getting this game. It seems to me like all you do on multiplayer is just shoot one weapon at somebody the whole time and it takes forever.

MMOFPS = MMORPG except with shooting gameplay/theme, your post is confusing:shocked:
(constantly online, incredibly large server size, moments to chill next to real people rather then online just to fight, 1-few connected maps, not 5+ differnt levels)

I'm pretty sure no mmofps games are out right now, well 1 or 2 old ones that suck.

And yes by your desciption Counter Strike would be your idea of an mmofps, which it's not. Don't see how buying weapons and armour turns a regular online shooter into an mmofps:yikes: btw just buy one for the PC if you so desire one. It realy seems like a lot of people have never played a PC game that can't be found on addictinggames. There are REAL games and pc is the ultimate for online/graphics/shooter (though 360 is pretty close for a console).

The Wii will get a few online shooters but it will not get a mmomrpg (atleast no time soon, and/if when it will be limited) let alone a mmofps, making one with no lag is incredibly difficult on the pc let alone a console. However if you want more appropriate online console titles like sports and racing then just wait for them.

Last edited:
Back