We Want Your Thoughts - SOTW: Topic (???)

ssbb_lover

Novocain Stain'd
Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
This is about discussing what you think we should do with the topic for SOTW. Particularly about how we should execute "Freestyle". Do you want it every week, every-other week, once a month, or do you just never want to see the word "Freestyle" for the rest of your life? I'm mainly only going to pay attention to those I believe will participate about 75%+ of the time (obviously, if you're only going to enter once a month, you're thoughts on the matter won't be taken as seriously), but everyone is free to add what they think. So if you wouldn't mind, add how frequent you would be a partaker in SOTW.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
anything... if themed then please be a vague theme
if you accept submissions every 7 days then at least do freestyle once a month.
i'll partake weekly or a bit less...

Last edited:
Finally members get a say...
NEVER SEE FREE STYLE AGAIN.
--
My idea was simply members vote for the topic. The top three people from the previous sotw each submit a topic then a thread is set up to vote for the winning topic.

SOTW APP.
SOTW VOTE
SOTW APP. and SOTW Topic vote*
Sotw vote
sotw app(with the winning topic vote*) and sotw topic vote$$
sotw vote
sotw app (with winning topic vote$$)

Cpt.McCloud said:
My idea was simply members vote for the topic. The top three people from the previous sotw each submit a topic then a thread is set up to vote for the winning topic.

This is a great idea I'd like to see that.

Before seeing that post I was going to say maybe freestyle once a month? Then broad themes for the rest of the week maybe? So I guess it would be cool if those themes were chosen in the way Jam mentioned.

I personally like a combination of the two. Freesytle one week member voted on topic the next.

When topics start to run thin the SOTW starts to die. Freestyle every other week will give everyone a chance to show off what they think are their best pieces at the same letting the new artist join in without constraints. I also like the voted on topic week since it wil set some parameters to see how everyone interprets the theme.

It's the best of both worlds in this old timers opinion.

yeah vote on the topic a 1 day voting booth. sounds like were talking about polotocs and presidents.:lol:

ssbbking said:
every single time. its fun i mean i got some ideas but will they go under consideration?
This is a thread about member's thoughts. :)

Cappin' said:

That idea, plus having Freestyle once every other month or so (in case none of the winners can come up with a good enough theme).

I say Freestyle once a month, every third week, and the rest of the themes can be voted on, or we make a thread, post what SOTW themes people wanna see, and you or Syntax decide what is the best. That's my idea/opinion.

Im with Tarheel, i think a mix of both would be best suited. Prob like Freestyle every other week or somethin along those lines. To me it just takes the dull out of it lets people do wat THEY want to do, they arent forced to 1 subject.

I think every other week is unnecessary with member voting controlling it.

It is very likely that people would suggest free style and you simply have to vote for it. Only rule I would put against is don't do the same topic twice a month, sure it can go up for votes until it wins but say if freestyle is in march then you'd have to wait till April to put it forward again.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I think every other week is unnecessary with member voting controlling it.

It is very likely that people would suggest free style and you simply have to vote for it. Only rule I would put against is don't do the same topic twice a month...
I.E. Anime. :lol:

Keep the suggestions coming, everyone. :)

There's lots of ways to vary it.

You can split SOTW into 2 categories, first category being for more experienced sig makers that get given a theme, obviously it is much easier for people who are experienced to make a good sig with what's been given.
And the second category for newer people to sigs, who get to do Freestyle each week until they feel confident enough to step up to theme'd sigs.
(Lets be honest here, the reason people like Freestyle is because it's a lot harder to make a nice sig with a set theme, most people open photoshop or GIMP and do something until it looks nice)

Next is to simply let the winner of the SOTW pick the theme for the next week

Next is to give members 4 new options every week on what to pick, out of the 3 that aren't picked for that week they go over to the next week and a new 1 is put in the 1 that was picked place

Every other week is also good to vary it

Just a few put out there for ideas

Back