Wearing shoes on the Fit board?

Brien

WiiChat Member
May 20, 2009
We recently got a Wii Fit. In reading the instructions it says to not wear shoes. However, I would like to be able to do so. I even bought a silicone slip cover for the Fit to protect the board.

Can anyone shed some light on this and let me know if it's OK to wear shoes on the Fit board. I don't want to do it if it's going to damage the board or not give good feedback to movements.

you will lose feedback from the increased contact area from the shoes. the shoes themselves will not damage the board, even without a cover.

increased feedback from the contact area is not the right answer... it's just measuring the weight distribution...

You would probably lose sensitivity in the balance sensors, making you appear to the board to be more stable. I may be way off, but thats my guess. Try balancing on one leg in bare feet, then try it with a shoe and see which one is easier.

increased feedback from the contact area is not the right answer... it's just measuring the weight distribution...

decreased feedback will occur when the board is not reading the weight distribution accurrately, as a result of the increased contact from the shoes.

Back