Web Surfing Activity?

wiigeeks

WiiChat Member
Jun 6, 2007
What's the average online activity of your average wii? Also do you see that trending higher in the future?

< 1 hour a week?
1-2 hours a week?
2-5 hours a week?
> 5 hours a week?

Also if you go online alot what kinds of things are you looking for?

Thanks,

Right now probally at less then an hour a month, ya ill probally start using it more when i get my new wireless system for my house

me? >5 hours a week easily.

i use a PC at work from 8:30am til 5:30pm.

i got rid of my laptop last year and haven't purchased a new
pc either. if i have loads to do on the internet (shopping with
the mrs) then i'll use my daughters pc.

mostly though i'll browse with the Wii.....something kinda relaxing
about sitting with a beer in one hand and the wiimote in the other.

bit of a ***** when it comes to posting on here though....hurry up with
that bloody keyboard nintendo!

ciper said:
Why would you want to? If you REALLY want to be on the internet through your TV build an HTPC and do it right.

Ciper,

i've no intention of having another gadget/gizmo under the tv (well until i get a 360 elite)!!
i dunno, maybe i'm a bit of a masochist and enjoy the clumsy Wii method.

currently residing under my tv are:-
Wii, modded xbox (160GB, xbmc), sammy HR720 (80GB HDD/DVD recorder), virgin media "v+" box (3 digital tuners), N64, PS1 and also a linksys WGA11B wireless gaming bridge. oh, and a wireless A/V sender unit to transmit tv upstairs.

now, if someone could cram all of those bits and pieces into one tidy box, they'd find a buyer in me!!

FR3344LL said:
sammy HR720 (80GB HDD/DVD recorder), virgin media "v+" box (3 digital tuners), N64, PS1 and also a linksys WGA11B wireless gaming bridge. oh, and a wireless A/V sender unit to transmit tv upstairs.

now, if someone could cram all of those bits and pieces into one tidy box, they'd find a buyer in me!!

Yeah, like I said HTPC can do all of that and more.

maybe an hour a week tops...i prefer the pc for browsing...its cool to watch youtube videos off the wii tho! :p

Im online 5+ hours on my Wii every week!
Im usually just watching Youtube videos, on forum sites, or illegally watching movies!

ciper said:
Yeah, like I said HTPC can do all of that and more.

really?

including the 3 digital tuners?

might take a look to see whats available.....the only downside is that
i suppose i'd lose a load of digital channels, which wouldn't go down too
well with the wife and kids!

I don't even use my wii for Online related stuff I stick to my PC...but once I get MSC I might be spending maybe 2+ hours a week

Back