Webcam on Wii?

Anatz

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Hi I was wondering if Wii can use webcams..since theres a usb port on the back of it...is there any chance at all that there might be an option that will come out soon?

It can't use them right now. Who knows if they'll add support for them in the future.

not at this time there is no use for the USB port son the back except for connecting to the internet

actualy that is not entirely correct you can use the usb ports to charge things i use it to charge my mp3 player :)

Link_of_Hyrule said:
actualy that is not entirely correct you can use the usb ports to charge things i use it to charge my mp3 player :)

yeah i thought that was a given :p , don't all usb ports (ex: laptops computer, xbox360, Wii) channel power through them as well as data?

if I plug in my mp3 player to my wii can I play music some how?

ilovemywii said:
if I plug in my mp3 player to my wii can I play music some how?

not at this time no, they are still working on alot of things with the wii

komio said:
yeah i thought that was a given :p , don't all usb ports (ex: laptops computer, xbox360, Wii) channel power through them as well as data?
Yes, they do. For all questions about USB support, read below.

The following are the *ONLY* devices used by the Wii's USB ports

Wii LAN adapter (not yet released).

Other than that, they are only good for the power (for charging compatible devices only) no webcams, no pictbridge, no flash drives, no keyboards, no mice, no MP3 players for playing music.

Back