weed + SMG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomicB said:
Wow, now I see why half the adults here are immature! They've been smoking pot, doing crack, and getting down with random people on ecstasy!

Pot heads. Simple as that.
O yea thats exactly whats going on here? As far as I'm concerned, who cares if you smoke pot. It doesnt make you any more or lesser than anybody else. Its not even a drug!

well you sure as hell don't act 15

Weed really doesn't do any real damage, it's waaay less harmful then alchol and 1000x less addictive then tobacco

You people are helpless...if wht you said above was true then weed wouldn't be illegal...and I still fail to see how I was acting immature...he was practically telling people to go start using weed.

Last edited:
wht you said above was true then weed would be illegal

it is illegal...

and if you meant to say legal, a lot of people have been trying to make it legal and it's only the dumb downed people like yourself hearing the rumours and not learning the facts

Sorry I meant wouldn't be illegal...anywho what you stated
Weed really doesn't do any real damage, it's waaay less harmful then alchol and 1000x less addictive then tobacco
Is totally false why don't you read this

Health Effects

Marijuana abuse is associated with many detrimental health effects. These effects can include frequent respiratory infections, impaired memory and learning, increased heart rate, anxiety, panic attacks and tolerance. Marijuana meets the criteria for an addictive drug and animal studies suggest marijuana causes physical dependence and some people report withdrawal symptoms.11

Someone who smokes marijuana regularly may have many of the same respiratory problems that tobacco smokers do, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illnesses, a heightened risk of lung infections, and a greater tendency toward obstructed airways. Cancer of the respiratory tract and lungs may also be promoted by marijuana smoke. Marijuana has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke.12

Marijuana's damage to short-term memory seems to occur because THC alters the way in which information is processed by the hippocampus, a brain area responsible for memory formation. In one study, researchers compared marijuana smoking and nonsmoking 12th-graders' scores on standardized tests of verbal and mathematical skills. Although all of the students had scored equally well in 4th grade, those who were heavy marijuana smokers, i.e., those who used marijuana seven or more times per week, scored significantly lower in 12th grade than nonsmokers. Another study of 129 college students found that among heavy users of marijuana critical skills related to attention, memory, and learning were significantly impaired, even after they had not used the drug for at least 24 hours.13

Of an estimated 106 million emergency department (ED) visits in the U.S. during 2004, the Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) estimates that 1,997,993 were drug-related. DAWN data indicate that marijuana was involved in 215,665 ED visits.14

DAWN also collects information on deaths involving drug abuse that were identified and submitted by 128 death investigation jurisdictions in 42 metropolitan areas across the United States. Cannabis ranked among the 10 most common drugs in 16 cities, including Detroit (74 deaths), Dallas (65), and Kansas City (63). Marijuana is very often reported in combination with other substances; in metropolitan areas that reported any marijuana in drug abuse deaths, an average of 79 percent of those deaths involved marijuana and at least one other substance.15

Link - http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/drugfact/marijuana/index.html

You see that last line I bolded for you...yea that's what I thought

You rang, Celeste?
ZOMG!!! DRUGS ARE BAD, KIDS!!

haha jk! I know the whole point of this thread, you guys should calm down and just have fun.

Be cool, stay in school

Don't do weed, or i will have peed....on you?

he, he, this thread makes me chuckle....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back