weight problem...

Sameiru

Wii Otaku
Jul 5, 2006
hey, 'twas me that was just wondering, do an yof you havew any good weight loss tips?

Yeah man, it may sound old but exercise and eating right is really the only way. :nonod: I hate exercising!

screw the "counting carbs" ****. do weight watchers. it lets you eat what you want but in moderation. depending on your weight and age you get a set number of points a day and you can eat whatever you want untill the points are gone. an example is 1 slice of pizza is 8 points because it has alot of fat but a cup of yogert is 2 points and suger free jello is .5 points. when i was on it i had 25 points a day. that alone wont get you to loose weight though. you need to also do lots of cardio (walking, running, riding a bike, ect.) i was quite a large fellow (290!) and ive lost about 90 LBS on weight watchers! i HIGHLY recomend it (yes 200 isnt the ideal weight of most but going from almost 300 to 200 is a HUGE diffrence. also i did weights to so i built muscle)

Sameiru said:
hey, 'twas me that was just wondering, do an yof you havew any good weight loss tips?
I think you have a spellin problem more than a weight problem

the key to a healthy diet and weight lose is bullemia and drug usage :thumbsup:

im joking!

all kidding aside though, portion control is the greatest tool to lose weight. we eat SUCH BIG PORTIONS of food that our perception of "healthy eating" is 2 slices of pizza OR a bigmac king sized. i sometimes read the back of the food lables and see how 1 12oz bottle of soda is 2 servings at 100 some odd caleries and laugh because not ANYONE i know has saved up for 2 servings.

deff eat in moderation. cut out fast food and maintain a healthy workout regime. you can walk half a mile each day just to get a good heart rate and burn a few caleries (IE maybe take the dog out with you too) lift 5LBS weights and do a few reps a day for toning ect. little steps. no need to kill yourself at a gym and expect results in a matter of "days"

usually with that type of diet and exersize (just watching yourself eat) you can lose 10LBS in a month easy.

Eat less. Thats it.

I used to weigh around 190. I ate light about two times a day and did a **** load of exercise. Two or three weeks later im down to 165 with 7% body fat. I felt pretty good, the only bad thing was that i felt dead all day. No calories = no energy.

Two years later im up to about 175, with a whole lot more muscle.

also another strong point is DONT weigh yourself daily!!!!! you wont see results and youll get discouraged!!!!!

another thing is that inches is more important than pounds. when you lose inches that mean that the fat is melting and youre building muscle instead so you might not lose 10LBS but you might lose 10 inches instead! :)

Go vegan.

I eat fish still and dairy products sometimes, but I've lost weight on it and it's the easiest and most effective thing I've done so far.

kissoff182 said:
Go vegan.

I eat fish still and dairy products sometimes, but I've lost weight on it and it's the easiest and most effective thing I've done so far.
Yay! Another vegan on Wiichat! I'm vegan too.

Meat contains lots of horrible fats and nastiness. So by cutting it out of your diet, you can lose a lot of weight. And they tend to be saturated fats which make them even worse.

evilprofessorzog said:
Yay! Another vegan on Wiichat! I'm vegan too.

Meat contains lots of horrible fats and nastiness. So by cutting it out of your diet, you can lose a lot of weight. And they tend to be saturated fats which make them even worse.

i wouldnt be a vegan i dont think its healthy.

i stay away from food that isnt natural. theres a store by me called trader joes that sells alot of "health food" but its not what you think. its all natural ingredients. like chocolate covered cherries with ingredients you can read with no added sugar and they taste great! (they DO sell tofu and veggies and other things of that nature too)

also not JUST because im jewish, i love kosher meat. i refuse to eat from a supermarket purdue chicken or tyson. i get empire kosher because i know someone (IE a rabbi) has supervised that food and knows that theres nothing added or injected to the animal. i do the same with beef/cow as well. also the trims are much leaner not as much fat or "grit"

i do say however that eating fish is great for you. omega and fatty oils give you a nice color complexion and keeps you healthy.

Don't eat only a few huge things a day, eat many small things a day. This balances out the carbs and such, allowing it to burn up faster.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i wouldnt be a vegan i dont think its healthy.
It's perfectly healthy to be vegan. I've been vegan for a couple of years now and I don't have any health problems. I have friends who have been healthy vegans for a lot longer than that too.
One of the big benefits is that it forces you to actually think about what you are eating and helps you stay away from the bad stuff.

I agree about sticking to natural foods though. It's amazing what they put in food these days.

I try to keep a balance in what i eat. But seriously, i just cant stay away from meat. Its too good. :(

Back