Weird batterie power

doctorecs

Do a barrel roll.Do it!Do
Dec 2, 2006
Umm... does Nintendo make the wiimote like magic or something? Because I think its realy weird that a wireless motion sensing controler that uses aa batteries last for over 30 hours. When I use aa bateries on my gamboy advanced it last for like 2 hours and there isnt much of a difference in energy being used so am I crazy or is the wiimote magic?

i think your crazy? mine never lasted anywhere close to 30 hours...even after i went out and got top of the line rechargeables they still dont last 30 hours

Mine have lasted since x mas day, about 6 hours play x mas day and maybe 3-4 hours everyday since and still on full battery.

Try getting Rayovac batteries and test them out for a week or 2 and tell me if they last for 30 hours and if they dont even come remotely close then you can call me crazy wii playa.

Last edited:
iunno i dont even think u can buy those here? i just used the ones in the box...those sucked...then i started using energizers...they were alright but i had 2 keep gettin emso i just got some rechargeables

Those batteries all stink. Energizers arent good if you want quality batteries get duracell or rayovac with rayovac being my favorite.

Mine have lasted about that long aswell. I use duracells, and they are awesome. On average I get about 25-28 hours.

doctorecs said:
Umm... does Nintendo make the wiimote like magic or something? Because I think its realy weird that a wireless motion sensing controler that uses aa batteries last for over 30 hours. When I use aa bateries on my gamboy advanced it last for like 2 hours and there isnt much of a difference in energy being used so am I crazy or is the wiimote magic?

There is actually several BIG differences.

1. The wiimote doesn't have to power a display; this is a big power hog that wiimotes don't have to deal with.

2. The wiimote isn't doing any calculations. . .only relaying the necessary data to the wii to do the calculations.

3. The wiimote isn't trying to run an entire game. . .that's the Wii's job.

^^^^^ - Yeah there is a big difference why your gameboy last 2 hours, and the Wii-mote 30hours

Mine lasted 20-30 hours on the batteries they gave me. Verry nice that i don't have to spend 20$ a month on batteries really :D

I've been using my Wiimote with the batteries that came with it pretty much constantly for the past week and I've only used 1/4 bars (25% used), and it seems to go back to 4 bars every so often.

According to my Wii, I play 3-8 hours a day, and I've had it for 6 days now (I think, too lazy to check), that's 18 to 48 hours of use, and only 1/4 bars gone.

I haven't even bothered to buy rechargeables yet because of that. When I do, I plan to get Energizer NiMH rechargeables.

I think I burned through the batteries that came with the wiimotes within 12-16 hours. Duracell Coppertops lasted roughly 20-24 hours. Currently using Duracell 2400 mAh rechargeables at 15-30 hours between charges.

But yeah, back on topic, of course your GB is going to be consuming more power. Might make the spread further by saying you only have to replace the AA's in your TV/DVD player once a year.

I get it its not the same amount of power but guys 2 hours compared to 30 thats like magic.

i know, it's pretty flippin' sweet eh? i use duracell and ive had to change em once since december 27th, and ive had maybe a total of 70 hours of gameplay :D

doctorecs said:
I get it its not the same amount of power but guys 2 hours compared to 30 thats like magic.

If you get that it's not the same amount of power, how do you not understand that a battery can last much longer on a single charge?

Device that uses more power = battery that gets drained fast.
Device that uses less power = battery that gets drained slowly.

Back