Weird Wiimote problem

veeray

WiiChat Member
Nov 16, 2009
I haven't played my Wii much this year and i finally decided to buy a couple of new games for it, but my wiimotes aren't working propeply.

First off I used regular AA batteries and I thought both of my wiimotes were broken. Since they didn't respond anything but the home, + and - button on the mainmenu. They didn't light up or anything even though it showed me that the batteries were full.

Then I tried using a rechargable power pack on the wiimotes. Since i haven't used them in awhile they were drained so I let it charge couple of minutes. Again only home, + and - button do anyhting on the main screen.

I then attached a classic controller to the wiimote and i manage to make the hand visible with the thumbstick in the mainscreen and use rest of the buttons on the wiimote like A when i first move the cursor over something.

I decide to let it recharge while i go look help on the internet. After 30 minutes I go again to try to fiddle with it and what you know the wiimote had started to show a very dim blue light on it and I finally manage to move the hand with it. Now that i have let it recharge couple of hours the blue light began to look normal and bright.

I then try to use the basic AA batteries again with it and the blue lights vanished and the motion control doen't work even though it shows that the batteries have full power. So what gives?

Also my second controller has the same issues, but also it doen't allow you to move it at all it just turns off when i try to bring it to the sensors level. Even with the fullycharged power pack that worked with the other Wiimote.

Ummm.Did it came like this when you bought it?

Well no, since i bought everything new. The stuff has just been sitting on my shelves most of the year unused. Last time played with them in April or March. Even before that I hadn't played much more than Wii Bowling like couple of times a month.

Clean your sensor bar, take better care of your stuff

Why would I have to clean my sensor bar, since there nothing wrong with it? Besides I have two, the regular one and a wireless one and I have tested with both of them.

Last edited:
Found a solution via email from Nintendos maintance people.

Apparently the power packs and rechargable batteries lose their voltage with time. They do hold power, but the lack of voltage from them causes the wiimote to not work propeply.

I went and bought some brand new Duracell (not rechargable) batteries and now both my wiimotes work perfectly

Back