Well, I'm on the fence about buying a PS3...

I was in the same position a few weeks ago, and I ended up picking the PS3. There are some nice 360 exclusives I wanted, but there were also a lot of games that are both 360/PS3, and the PS3 has some nice exclusives too.

They were both pretty much equal, but the PS3 having Blu-ray, and the 360's high failure rate steered me towards buying the PS3.

P.S. If you like card battle/RPG games, check out Eye of Judgment.

Nookslave-So, I'm not sure what to buy. Gamewise, I'm leaning towards PS3 because of it's huge library of PS2 games that I have yet to play but really want to (God of War 1&2, Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Grand Theft Auto, Prince of Persia, Jak, Rachet and Clank, ect.) and it's upcoming exclusives like KH3, GoW3, GTA4, and others.

GTA4 is also on the 360. in fact it is coming with more content then the ps3 version.:wink:

Well, from what everyone said, I think I'm going to buy the 80gb MGS4 PS3 because it plays all PS1 and PS2 games, has free online, drastically lower failure rate, and just seems to have the games I want (Oblivion, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, ect) , and all of the upcoming games.

Plus, for the price of the PS3, you're getting a Blu-Ray Dvd Player, Picture, Movie, Video media center, and a great video game system.

I agree with your decision, and by the way, you can turn the Six-axis off in Warhawk, and when you do that, it turns into an AMAZING game. It's literally the only game I have for my PS3 and I don't regret getting it at all. Not to mention Resistence 2 coming out.:yesnod:

Nookslave said:
Well, from what everyone said, I think I'm going to buy the 80gb MGS4 PS3 because it plays all PS1 and PS2 games, has free online, drastically lower failure rate, and just seems to have the games I want (Oblivion, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, ect) , and all of the upcoming games.

Plus, for the price of the PS3, you're getting a Blu-Ray Dvd Player, Picture, Movie, Video media center, and a great video game system.
I agree with your decision but one thing to point out not ALL games work on the 80gb yet but it is almost there it updates usally with Fimware but not always.If you want to see if a game works check this.
http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus
And you will have a great time with your ps3 when you get it. :yesnod:

All this talk about failure rates isn't much really. My uncle has had an Xbox 360 ever since it was released and only had to send it back once, as well as my friend.

The PS3 is a good console, though I would wait till the big exclusives come out to buy one because as of right now the 360 has the better exclusives out.

Just like they said previously, it's about the games you're into and the exclusives.

manred said:
All this talk about failure rates isn't much really. My uncle has had an Xbox 360 ever since it was released and only had to send it back once, as well as my friend.
[Ignore if you were being sarcastic, it's hard to tell on the internet]
Errm, that's not exactly the best example. Not that the failure rate affected my decision at all, but to say it isn't much and use the example of two people who "only had to send it back once", well, that isn't going to sell someone a 360! The fact is one shouldn't have to send a console back at all! (Of course there will be exclusions as with every product).

But yeah, as I've said, if the exclusives that you want more belong to the PS3, get it. If not, get the 360. You can't really lose or make a bad choice.

Wait until 2009. Nothing major is going to happen then... Live it up now guys, people like Micheal Patcher say the game industry is one of a few companies not in a recession. Soon US money will be as valuable as paper. Of coarse I could be wrong, but that would require blind faith in the American system. Hey who knows, I can't see the future, just common sense.

When it comes to an actual console, waiting sucks. I like to wait for price drops for games, but not consoles. There's nothing worse than buying a console and 2 years later the new one is released. So if you are going to wait, then you might as well save up for the next generation console.

The PS3 online community will increase over time, but the current community is great for online play. And yes, the PS3 does have voice chat which can be used within games such as COD4.

Lewi T said:
[Ignore if you were being sarcastic, it's hard to tell on the internet]
Errm, that's not exactly the best example. Not that the failure rate affected my decision at all, but to say it isn't much and use the example of two people who "only had to send it back once", well, that isn't going to sell someone a 360! The fact is one shouldn't have to send a console back at all! (Of course there will be exclusions as with every product).

But yeah, as I've said, if the exclusives that you want more belong to the PS3, get it. If not, get the 360. You can't really lose or make a bad choice.

:lol: Sorry about not further explaining myself, but the fact that someone posted earlier about how his friend is going on his 4th 360 was just ridiculous and I thought I'd show that it's not that bad. Either his friend never took care of his 360 or just never played it and had it collect dust.

Yet, I agree with you on the exclusives.

Don't listen to the 360 fan boys, ps3 does what 360 does and more. First of all, the exclusives are equally good so far, with the ps3 future line up looking good. Kingdom Hearts 3 will of course go to ps3, have never heard anything of a 360 version, and with final fantasy characters in the first two games a 360 version is looking bad.

Ps3 has a Bluray player, the new HD format. The 360's graphics have pretty much reached there peak, where as developers are still figuring out the ps3's secrets.

A 10 man deathmatch on ps3 generally has ATLEAST 4 or 5 people with microphones, and I've only encountered one annoying person... I've encountered many annoying people in Halo3.

In the end, it comes down to what games you are in to. Check out the line ups and consider which games more to your liking.

killik119 said:
Don't listen to the 360 fan boys, ps3 does what 360 does and more. First of all, the exclusives are equally good so far, with the ps3 future line up looking good. Kingdom Hearts 3 will of course go to ps3, have never heard anything of a 360 version, and with final fantasy characters in the first two games a 360 version is looking bad.
...by that logic, why did Monster Hunter 3 become a Wii exclusive? Why did 360 have Final Fantasy XI? Why did Metal Gear go from Sega to Nintendo to Sony? Counting an unannounced game like Kingdom Hearts is like counting the next Zelda title as a reason to get the Wii. In essence, your reasoning is merely wishful thinking on your part and not realistic or mature enough to realise that "sh*t happens". Quite frankly, the next Kingdom Hearts would be best suited for the Wii. Where it will go though, is still up in the air.

Last edited:
Back