Well this stinks.

Espmaster_

WiiChat Member
Jun 4, 2009
Wii Online Code
7463-2792-2066-1973
Guess what happened? My GameCube Memory Card got corrupted, deleting all of my game files except for ONE of my Paper Mario TTYD files, my sonic adventure dx file (though it did erase my Chao data) and my Super Mario Sunshine file (thankfully).
:mad2: Can't do that on GameFAQs

This happened to me once, but that was a long time ago... I believe it was only one or two of my game saves, but I was still pissed.

GC Memory Cards = unreliable (usually).

I forgot :cryin:

MadCatz has a bad reputation to fail... especially during the last console generation. Even though my memory card's failure was minor, it was a normal Nintendo-brand Memory Card. It was the smallest memory card you could buy, though.

Yeah, and it was the only one that would fit in the game case.

Yeah, it was probably MadCatz then, it can fit into the cases fairly easily.

I'm gonna be playing my Wii alot this summer...

How does corruption even happen? I've had the same GC 251 memory card for almost 9 years and it's never once lost any data. Don't fool around with it, don't take it out while the console is on, and don't let it get dirty. It's not that hard to keep in good condition.

MadCatz has a bad reputation to fail... especially during the last console generation. Even though my memory card's failure was minor, it was a normal Nintendo-brand Memory Card. It was the smallest memory card you could buy, though.

How does corruption even happen? I've had the same GC 251 memory card for almost 9 years and it's never once lost any data. Don't fool around with it, don't take it out while the console is on, and don't let it get dirty. It's not that hard to keep in good condition.

Any questions answered?

And your a bit late. I already recovered most of the data that was lost.

...Are you?

Nope.

But, for future reference, here's a bit of advice: You know that screen where it says...."SAVING. DO NOT TOUCH OR REMOVE MEMORY CARD IN SLOT A. PLEASE WAIT."....Yeah, that one? Well, it might help to, you know, not do the opposite of what it says, and then your data will be fine.

Yeah... I don't remember doing the opposite.
And the last post before yours was in July. I consider that late. I don't know about you though.

this has happed to me once but just one game it was spyro a heroes tail after beating robo red it happend a day later i went to play it then it didt load it said cant not load the data it must be deleated i didt do anything 2 it :(

Back