Went to play my Wii and I have no sound or picture :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos6211

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2012
I just recently moved and this was the first time we have gone to use the Wii since and it is not working. Everything is hooked up exactly like it was at the old house (same cords, tv and whatnot which was working just fine) but I get nothing. I have the same kind of tv in another room (HDTV) and get the same results if I try it in there, but if I try it on an older tv we have laying around I get sound and picture. So, I know it's not the cables themselves. If I try to run it through my surround sound system that's hooked up to one of the HDTVs, I get the audio, but no picture. Any idea on what I could try?

I have checked to make sure that it is all plugged up correctly and plugged in snugly (exactly as we had it at the house before when it worked), it is on the right input channel (video) and I have already tried cutting everything off, unplugging it and plugging it back in.

I don't know what else to try since it works fine on the older tv and worked on this one before we moved?!?! TIA

It sounds like you might have component cables plugged into composite or vice-versa. I would double check to make sure all the colors match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back