Were you Impressed with the Wii?

ally_uk

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Ok So i have had my Nintendo Wii for three weeks now and being a avid nintendo fan since the nes days I can honestly say wow this thing is so damm playable :)

Especially Wii sports despite owning Zelda also Wii sports is the game that has kept me occupied the most. Although I have to admit that Zelda is a awesome game!

The thing which is bothering me about the Wii at the moment is the lack of quality titles I am a bit reluctant to rush out and buy anymore titles at the moment because I have played games such as red steel , sonic , call of duty 3 and my conclusion is they sucked!

I am personally looking forward to No more Heros, Smash bros , Mario Galaxy, Metroid 3

I think developers need to start to up the ante for Wii development and they need to stop going for the quick buck by releasing sloppy third party ports where the games contain last gen graphics sloppy development and the most embarrassing thing is that Nintendo has developed this nice new control scheme and developers are not taking the time the implement the controls properly into there titles.

I want to see the Wii's true potential and by this I don't mean Gamecube graphics

Also A unique online FPS would be great on this console Nintendo should put the effort in and develop one :)

I am not impressed with the PS3 my mate was gloating about it when he purchased it so I decided to have a look myself and compared to the Nintendo it's just lacking the same playability and you get the whole deju vu of geez havent we seen all this before.

I was impressed for about the first week or two before the novelty of the controller wore off. I have been considering putting mine on eBay and buying one later when/if some games come out. I don't think the graphics are going to get too much better either. It isn't capable of too much more than the GC.

Impressed for a few weeks, then the controller wore of and the lack of decent games i just got fed up with it and bought a Ps3. Prefer my Ps3. More stuff to play on it, got fed up with the Wii controller after 2 weeks, its ok for games like Wii Sports, but terrible for most other games, still playing my Ps3 constantly with only 3 games 3 weeks later. I had 8 games for my Wii and i still got fed up. I prefer Ps3 controller over the Wii one anyday, Ps3 controller is just better al round, games like Baseball and Tennis where your player moves himself is fine for the Wii, anything else it blows, especially on FPs where it just doesnt respond enough and randomly just doesnt aim where you want it too, good idea just not perfected yet.

most get bored quickly
few buy many games and play them a lot
some will lie and say they arent bored of it

Yeah I totally agree with the lack of games despite strong sales the Wii really does need a few games orientated towards the older gamer market.

I disagree with the Playstation 3 I wasn't impressed with it myself sure Resistance fall of man was Great but Other titles were like hmmm hasn't this all be done before? and those games do not justify shelling out that amount of money for the console and especially when you need a hd tv setup to get the best out of the console.

Nintendo have suprised alot of people and they are on to a winner with the Wii potentially they could overtake the XBOX 360 in sales figures by the end of 2007 it'll be tough but it could be doable.

Hopefully at E3 this year we will see some new titles on the way for the Wii and will get a glimpse at seeing what the console is really capable of.

My freind sold he's nintendo wii due to being frustrated with the lack of titles sure the controller orignally brings some playability then I guess the novelty and lack of titles was one of the main reasons for him selling he's console.

Definitely. Obviously the motion control was the most impressive feature. The surprising quality of Wii Sports, which beforehand, I had figured as a cheap game whose sole purpose was to demonstrate the Wii's capabilities. The last thing that truly impressed me was the overall presentation quality the Wii has. Extremely user friendly, minimal installation, (internet setup), and just an overall easy-going feeling. The whole channels theme and the ability to access the Home screen at any time. Also, the attention to small details, like being able to check your Wiimote's battery strength through the Home screen.

Back