What accesories/ games to buy with new Wii?

deeds281

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2008
Are any of the good games not worth a purchase? (I could rent them)

What accesories are worth getting?

Whats the deal with the memory cards?

deeds281 said:
Are any of the good games not worth a purchase? (I could rent them)

What accesories are worth getting?

Whats the deal with the memory cards?

If you want to goto a wired connection get this adapter link It works right off the bat, you have to do NOTHING extra besides goto settings, and say you want the wired connection, and input your network information unless you use DHCP.

As for the memory cars a simple 1 Gigabyte SD will do. Its just for backing up your Virtual Console games you download and save files, just in case the unthinkable happens. Don't get ahead of yourself, just to tell you up front, anything you copy to the Memory Card is encoded to ONLY work with your Wii, so don't bother trying to share. Save you some time :D

Last edited:
I would suggest a charge station. i have the nyko version and it works wonders for me. havent had a dead wii mote in months

You only need the fan base if you operate the Wii in an enclosed cabinet.
I bought these batteries. One for each Controller. Follow my links for these cheap/free products.

Pros:
  • Cheapest!
  • Less bulk and clutter (no charging station, disassembled Remotes or loose batteries).
  • Batteries will always be charged (no one has the chore of disassembling Remotes and putting them in chargers).
  • Remote Jacket NEVER needs removed. I'll cut a small hole on the Jacket for the charging cable to poke through.
Cons:
  • Do you see the square nub on the battery where the charging cable plugs into? I may have trouble fitting my Remote into the Wii Zapper. I'll post my experience and Possible Zapper mod here after Christmas. I've heard that people use this battery with their Zapper, but it's a pretty tight fit.
  • I have to remove the Remote Jacket to place the remote into the Wii Zapper after all. We'll see when I dream up a solution to the Zapper.
1tba47op.jpg

idjut said:
You only need the fan base if you operate the Wii in an enclosed cabinet.
I bought these batteries. One for each Controller. Follow my links for these cheap/free products.

They don't say what type those batteries are be sure they are not a nickel cadmium type base. The ones you want are nickel metal-hydride

Last edited:
Just buy some rechargable batteries at Walgreens. I got a charger and 8 batteries for $40. They charge in 15 minutes and can be used with anything not just the Wii Remote.

nxcmp said:
They don't say what type those batteries are be sure they are not a nickel cadmium type base.
well, i'm not gonna taste them to get the answer... :lol:
all 4 of my batts have been worked very hard for the past 2 months and nothing's gone wrong.

I bought the MadCatz Wireless Thumbpad for $25 after shipping.
  • Pros: It's very Mini, Rechargeable, auto-off feature, for how little I type, perfect. The Wii barely supports anything beyond typing, (like alt-key combos.) so this is great for not taking up any room. I only use it a couple times a week.
  • Cons: Black, No Backlight.
267253.jpg

some sort of rechargable batteries is are a must. i actually hate the wii zapper but it's worth it for the game really, plus you might like it. aside from that you don't really need anything, you might want to get a classic controller for Virtual Console games, if you plan on playing Gamecube games get a gamecube controller and memory card... Aside from that get wiiplay(comes with an extra wiimote) and an extra nunchuck. honestly wiiplay stops being fun after about an hour or 2 but it's worth the $10 extra since you get it with a wiimote.
that's about it really, there are a bunch of extra things that you can buy if you want, i.e. cooling fan, sports add-on set, etc, but none of that is needed but if you feel like getting it then go for it as most of it doesn't cost much money.
as far as game reccommendations... well what kind of games do you like? For FPS/Adventure i say Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Adventure- Zelda, Platformer- Super Mario Galaxy, Online- Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, fighting adventure with lots of blood- No More Heroes. There are a lot more games worth buying but i'll list more when you say what kind of thing you like instead of just naming all the games that are good on the console.

smyth said:
Aside from that get wiiplay(comes with an extra wiimote) and an extra nunchuck. honestly wiiplay stops being fun after about an hour or 2 but it's worth the $10 extra since you get it with a wiimote.

for $10 extra... Tanks is so cool... i scored a 49. I should try again this weekend.

idjut said:
for $10 extra... Tanks is so cool... i scored a 49. I should try again this weekend.

it's one of those games that is fun for about 2 hours then gets boring, unless you have people over who want to play or if i haven't played in a while and just feel like playing a game that i don't have to think about. it's a decent time killer that way. i don't remember my tanks high score, i'll edit when i get home if i remember :lol:

Back