What aftermarket wireless GC controllers work?

anark

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2007
Toronto Canada
Wii Online Code
5636-7810-2729-9129
I know the "official" wavebird wireless controller works... but has any of you tried using the aftermarket wireless controllers?

here in toronto, the wavebird is $45 but i can get some aftermarket ones for $25 ....buy 2 and i've saved enough for another game! lol

anybody know?

thanks!
Allan!

anark said:
I know the "official" wavebird wireless controller works... but has any of you tried using the aftermarket wireless controllers?

here in toronto, the wavebird is $45 but i can get some aftermarket ones for $25 ....buy 2 and i've saved enough for another game! lol

anybody know?

thanks!
Allan!

Just spend the extra few dollars on the Wavebird, it's worth it.

Well, why wouldn't the aftermarket one work? it's the same controller

Axtlar said:
Well, why wouldn't the aftermarket one work? it's the same controller

No it's not. . . a third party made it and it's not officially licensed by Nintendo; Nintendo never authorized any other controllers other than their own.

geee... you don't think i know that the wavebird is guarenteed to work? this is what my post is about... i'm asking if others work.

"craftsmanship" has nothing to do with mass produced products. what makes it better?

and what's wrong with signing off with my name?

Allan!

Well..if that "aftermarket" one works fine on the GC it will work the same on Wii duh!

I'm just checking to see if Nintendo has done anything to "block" aftermarket Gamecube controllers.

geez. calm down people.

Allan!

anark said:
geee... you don't think i know that the wavebird is guarenteed to work? this is what my post is about... i'm asking if others work.

"craftsmanship" has nothing to do with mass produced products. what makes it better?

and what's wrong with signing off with my name?

Allan!
I have a third party controller for my GC. It's horrible. The grips on the side broke. Now it looks like the Duct tape monster from hell. And please dont sign your posts.... Please be a little more Private with your name.

Yup, good ol' CSIguy

Odd he never mentioned anything to me about signing my posts... And i've signed almost 200 of them.

I didn't want to deal with wireless controllers so I bought some $15 used controllers and spent $5 on eBay for some extension cords. I guess Im just Cheap :D

-Bobby

well... that's the thing.... i dont' want to spend the $$ on wavebirds... but i can get new aftermarket wireless ones for about the same as wired ones.

wires = CSIguy (ie. bad)

lol

Allan! (whats the difference if i were to put a line over my name and make it in my sig? *sigh*...some people...)

well to try to bring some normality to this thread ill just answer your question as best as i can. When i had a GC i bought smoe of those cheap ass controllers, they break very quickly without any sort of physical damage by the user, aka you throwing it after you loose a close race on MK64, haha. what usually happens with those remotes is that A)the buttons get stuck and dont work anymore B)the joystick will get stuck and when you are not touching it your character will move to the left or right a little bit and throw you off while you are playing and C)although you might not throw your controllers around like i do, the nintendo ones are a HELL of a lot more durable. Plus i have heard, and this is not fact, that most other third party GC controllers dont work with the wii. If i was you i would spend a couple of extra bucks on the wavebird controllers. It will turn out to be cheaper for you in the end trust me.

ps if he wants to sign his name at the end who are you to tell him he cant? thats his perrogative if he wants to give his real name away to people that he doesnt know.

thanks for a comprehensive reply. i'll consider the wavebirds a lil more now. however, i don't think i'll be using the GC controllers very much, as i don't currently own a GC or have any GC games. I was going to get them sort of as a "backup" and for cheap additions to the VC for players 3 and 4. ($40 for 2 aftermarket GC controllers instead of $140 for 2 wiimotes and classic controllers)

Allan!

Last edited:
Back