Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What aftermarket wireless GC controllers work?

Discussion in 'Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare' started by anark, Feb 1, 2007.

1. anark

anark WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5636-7810-2729-9129
    5636-7810-2729-9129
    I know the "official" wavebird wireless controller works... but has any of you tried using the aftermarket wireless controllers?

here in toronto, the wavebird is $45 but i can get some aftermarket ones for $25 ....buy 2 and i've saved enough for another game! lol

anybody know?

thanks!
    Allan!

2. dvdronn

dvdronn wiitard

3. csiguy4u

csiguy4u WiiMaster

Just spend the extra few dollars on the Wavebird, it's worth it.

4. anark

anark WiiChat Member

5636-7810-2729-9129
    ....can i ask why?

Allan!

5. csiguy4u

csiguy4u WiiMaster

Don't sign you damn posts you n00b. :nono:

The Wavebird is guaranteed to work with the Wii and is quality craftsmanship vs the cheap knock-offs.

6. Axtlar

Axtlar Del fuego he resurgido...

Wii Friend Code: 7688-9638-8193-7668
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    Well, why wouldn't the aftermarket one work? it's the same controller

7. csiguy4u

csiguy4u WiiMaster

No it's not. . . a third party made it and it's not officially licensed by Nintendo; Nintendo never authorized any other controllers other than their own.

8. anark

anark WiiChat Member

5636-7810-2729-9129
    geee... you don't think i know that the wavebird is guarenteed to work? this is what my post is about... i'm asking if others work.

"craftsmanship" has nothing to do with mass produced products. what makes it better?

and what's wrong with signing off with my name?

Allan!

9. Axtlar

Axtlar Del fuego he resurgido...

Wii Friend Code: 7688-9638-8193-7668
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    Well..if that "aftermarket" one works fine on the GC it will work the same on Wii duh!

10. anark

anark WiiChat Member

5636-7810-2729-9129
    I'm just checking to see if Nintendo has done anything to "block" aftermarket Gamecube controllers.

geez. calm down people.

Allan!

11. Major Tom

Major Tom Uss Clan *****

Wii Friend Code: 5935-0595-2673-3600
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    I have a third party controller for my GC. It's horrible. The grips on the side broke. Now it looks like the Duct tape monster from hell. And please dont sign your posts.... Please be a little more Private with your name.

12. bobby1211

bobby1211 R.I.P. Digii

Wii Friend Code: 6278-1240-3243-3822
    6278-1240-3243-3822
    Yup, good ol' CSIguy

Odd he never mentioned anything to me about signing my posts... And i've signed almost 200 of them.

I didn't want to deal with wireless controllers so I bought some $15 used controllers and spent $5 on eBay for some extension cords. I guess Im just Cheap :D

-Bobby

• Like Like x 1
  13. anark

anark WiiChat Member

5636-7810-2729-9129
    well... that's the thing.... i dont' want to spend the $$ on wavebirds... but i can get new aftermarket wireless ones for about the same as wired ones.

wires = CSIguy (ie. bad)

lol

Allan! (whats the difference if i were to put a line over my name and make it in my sig? *sigh*...some people...)

14. fakemxcan

fakemxcan WiiChat Member

well to try to bring some normality to this thread ill just answer your question as best as i can. When i had a GC i bought smoe of those cheap ass controllers, they break very quickly without any sort of physical damage by the user, aka you throwing it after you loose a close race on MK64, haha. what usually happens with those remotes is that A)the buttons get stuck and dont work anymore B)the joystick will get stuck and when you are not touching it your character will move to the left or right a little bit and throw you off while you are playing and C)although you might not throw your controllers around like i do, the nintendo ones are a HELL of a lot more durable. Plus i have heard, and this is not fact, that most other third party GC controllers dont work with the wii. If i was you i would spend a couple of extra bucks on the wavebird controllers. It will turn out to be cheaper for you in the end trust me.

ps if he wants to sign his name at the end who are you to tell him he cant? thats his perrogative if he wants to give his real name away to people that he doesnt know.

15. anark

anark WiiChat Member

5636-7810-2729-9129
    thanks for a comprehensive reply. i'll consider the wavebirds a lil more now. however, i don't think i'll be using the GC controllers very much, as i don't currently own a GC or have any GC games. I was going to get them sort of as a "backup" and for cheap additions to the VC for players 3 and 4. ($40 for 2 aftermarket GC controllers instead of $140 for 2 wiimotes and classic controllers)

Allan!

#15 anark, Feb 2, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  16. redhawk

redhawk WiiChat Member

I bought the Intec pair

I purchased the Intec pair from amazon for like $27 for both. That is less than 1 Wavebird. I used them on the Wii and they work great and they have rumble, which was a must have for me. They do feel a little cheaper, but then again they are.

To me they are better and cheaper than the Wavebird because they have the rumble feature.

17. csi guy you need to take some more ridalyn and get a grip.

learn to read (or repeat 1st grade for reading comphrension) before you just SCREAM at people with out probable cause. you have 1000+ posts and probably 99.9% of them are "argumentative"

chill out.

as for "allan" do as you want. you want to sign, sign. how do ANY of us know its not/or is your real name? besides a BUNCH of you post your name in your profile so what difference does it make?? :) i dont know about aftermarket controllers for the game cube im sorry i know pelican wireless worked really well for my PSP. id say just get em anyways. if you dont like them, you have 30 days to return them :)

<3 jilly

(signed just to piss CSI guy off)

• Like Like x 1
  18. mym6

mym6 WiiChat Member

I'd agree with those citing quality issues with cheaper controllers. The tactile feel of the controller has more to do with how the game feels than you know. If you've ever compared a $5 keyboard to a more expensive one, it's the same thing. Sure, they both work, but the more expensive ones will generally feel better. Same thing with computer mice.

If you use a third party controller exclusively, then you might not notice the difference, but if you ever switch between the nintendo made controller and a third party controller, the difference in feel, quality and game play will stick out badly. Personally I've never bought anything other than Nintendo brand controllers just because I find the feel of them to be better and less distracting when playing games.

That said, Nintendo has created some junk controllers, the SNES and N64 controllers were the flimsiest they ever made.

19. dakster

dakster WiiChat Member

I've purchased 4 wavebirds, all from Walmart for about $27 a piece. Cheaper than even Nintendo.com. Might want to check it out if you happen to have a Walmart near by.

20. anark

anark WiiChat Member

5636-7810-2729-9129
    Well... up here in canada i don't think the wavebirds are that cheap. I ended up getting a pair of I-con wireless controllers. Tried them out with mariokart64 on the VC and they work without a hitch.

Having never touched the wavebirds, i have no baseline for comparison so it doesn't bother me that they're "cheaper"

thanks for your input people.

I'm glad not everybody here is like csiguy lol. then again, our society would fall apart if that were the case.

Allan! (and yes. that's my name. lol)