What anime are you watching at the moment?

Do any of you watch cartoons like
South Park
Family Guy
The Simpsons
Robot Chicken
Drawn Together
Futurama
...yes

But this is an anime thread. We discuss anime here.

EDIT: Before I forget to ask you guys, is Ergo Proxy good?

So what's the difference between cartoons and anime's? Are anime's for little kids and cartoons for older people? I have always thought that anime's were little kid tv shows.

That is a uneducated thing to say

http://www.funimation.com/shigurui/ (Click here to watch them
Would you let a child watch that? (thats only a taster it gets more violent)
(If so your a bad parent)

Never judge anime by whats on TV in the afternoon as it tends to be the stuff that is for kids
Anime = Animation from Japan

Cartoons for grown ups?
Rarely are they made for grown ups only

So what's the difference between cartoons and anime's? Are anime's for little kids and cartoons for older people? I have always thought that anime's were little kid tv shows.
I used to think like that, but eventually I learned there are more adult anime out there. After all, in Japan the word 'anime' just means 'animation', regardless of who it's aimed at or where it came from (for example, in Japan The Simpsons would be called an anime). And of course, Japanese producers have made plenty of animated series aimed at older people.

The two series that really got me interested in it were Cowboy Bebop (not particularly aimed at kids) and Elfen Lied (definitely not aimed at kids). In fact, I tend to avoid just about any anime aimed mainly at kids.

Cartoons for grown ups?
Incidentally, my favourite TV show (Monkey Dust) is one example.

That is a uneducated thing to say

http://www.funimation.com/shigurui/ (Click here to watch them
Would you let a child watch that? (thats only a taster it gets more violent)
(If so your a bad parent)

Never judge anime by whats on TV in the afternoon as it tends to be the stuff that is for
Anime = Animation from Japan

Cartoons for grown ups?

In the first place I don't have kids I'm just 15 years old. Kids will watch anything. When I'm watching unapropite cartoons and they say something dirty or do something unapropiate my 8 year old little brother asks me what they said or did and all I do is lie or tell him that I dont know what they did. I asked my friend in school about the difference between anime's and cartoons and he said that it anime's are Japanese cartoons. Maybe there aren't anime's for grown ups but there are cartoons for grown ups. I think that Naruto does get a little graphic for little kids but once again they watch almost anything. I can't believe that some of you got mad of what I said.:devil:
o

Those anime fans will tear you apart :lol:

And there are some VERY graphic anime series out there that consist of people getting brutally murdered, nudity, cursing, etc.

In the first place I don't have kids I'm just 15 years old. Kids will watch anything. When I'm watching unapropite cartoons and they say something dirty or do something unapropiate my 8 year old little brother asks me what they said or did and all I do is lie or tell him that I dont know what they did. I asked my friend in school about the difference between anime's and cartoons and he said that it anime's are Japanese cartoons. Maybe there aren't anime's for grown ups but there are cartoons for grown ups.
I can assure you there are anime for grown ups (they're known in the business as 'seinen' and 'josei'). Did you not check out the page about Shigurui that Prinny linked to?

Nitpicking: It's 'inappropriate', not 'unapropriate', and the plural of anime is just anime.

And there are some VERY graphic anime series out there that consist of people getting brutally murdered, nudity, cursing, etc.
Note that this does not necessarily make them good (see: Gantz).

^I think my next one will get him.
Excel saga episode 26 will always be a bit to much for kids.

Still tho
ten years old and its still funnier than most things out
In the first place I don't have kids I'm just 15 years old.
Well watch the link a gave anyway as its a damn good seres.
It might be a bit hard for you to understand tho.

ITS ARTY
Kids will watch anything.
That is true
Maybe there aren't anime's for grown ups but there are cartoons for grown ups. I think that Naruto does get a little graphic for little kids but once again they watch almost anything. I can't believe that some of you got mad of what I said.:devil:
Try this one on for size.
Google Excel saga 26 dub (skip to about 3 minutes in the musical bit is a bit of a acquired taste).

Or theres always "hentai" things it that inst to adult for you(Google it)

Try to explain why that creature is doing that to that girl with its extra thing that its putting in her bits.

Last edited:

:prrr:I'm not getting my ass beat by an anime fan.:drool:

Darkprinny: I saw a couple of minutes of Excel Saga Episode 26 and WTF!!!
I always suspected that Japanese are horny (the word that starts with F and rhymes with duck) but this anime is just perverted. In 1:45 two girls were singing naked and later on the chick was taking a shower and her little naked sister pops up out of nowere. There were cameras in her bathroom and this guy was watching her shower. That assistants clothes only had a frontside not a backside LOL. But still the Japanese make their girls have way too big boobs. Like in Naruto Tsunade has extremely large Double D's and Jarhya is a pervert.

Back