What anime are you watching at the moment?

Ga-Rei Zero was good, but not great. Got to admire the completely ridiculous weapons some of the characters use though.

Now watching K-ON and Nodame Cantabile (two music-themed anime at once!).

Any Art based anime. Like there is music based anime such as Nodame?

Ga-Rei Zero was good, but not great. Got to admire the completely ridiculous weapons some of the characters use though.

Was about the reaction I expected. Coming off of the initial rush I started to like it less, but heh, still love it enough to keep it in my higher list. I still think she should've taken the chainsaw over the iron though. Chainsaw Yomi would have been awesome in my opinion.

God damn it, how the hell did I end up watching Kannagi over Ghost in the Shell... :shocked:

I guess Kannagi isn't as intense. I can only handle such intensity every once in a while

As for K-On being music themed... the manga is moreso in my opinion. The anime just uses it to sell their ridiculous headphones and many character songs while the anime packs in even MORE Moe that I shamelessly gobble up.

Last edited:
Any Art based anime. Like there is music based anime such as Nodame?
Yep. Go check out Honey and Clover, and Sketchbook.

Was about the reaction I expected. Coming off of the initial rush I started to like it less, but heh, still love it enough to keep it in my higher list. I still think she should've taken the chainsaw over the iron though. Chainsaw Yomi would have been awesome in my opinion.
Yeah, I was confused about why she took the iron over the chainsaw as well. What really baffles me is the guy who fights with a briefcase.

I get the feeling I'd have liked the series more if I'd read the manga.

while the anime packs in even MORE Moe that I shamelessly gobble up.
Argh, why is everyone in anime into "moe"? I feel like I've accidentally stumbled into a paedophile ring. :lol:

Last edited:

Yeah, I was confused about why she took the iron over the chainsaw as well. What really baffles me is the guy who fights with a briefcase.

I get the feeling I'd have liked the series more if I'd read the manga.

Argh, why is everyone in anime into "moe"? I feel like I've accidentally stumbled into a paedophile ring. :lol:

Personally I find the manga rather painful to read, details here and there, but it's kind of milking Yomi a tad much.

Moe, ah, hmmm... I dunno, but it's rather endearing. K-On is like morphine for me.

Yeah but one isnt blatantly made to fuel moe freaks minds

Yeah I will also say them
I blame Sakura Kinomoto
Heres a little somehing
Google "Haruhi Now K-ON! Clone Anime" (Cant link to the site as it is 18+)
There starting to look the same

Oi! K-On! girls are 15, I'm 16. I'm not a Pedo... yet.

The worst part about it is how blatantly obvious it is.

It's like you're eating pudding and this guy next to you is eating spaghetti. You remark on how you like spaghetti. So the guy dumps some of his spaghetti in your pudding. Now only the bravest of souls would eat that Pudding.

I love K-On because I can spot the product placement and an only imagine the amount of money Otaku are spending on all of this stuff. It's hilarious to say the least.
One guy even bought the completely wrong guitar model from what Yui was using.

As for plot, the teacher is legitimately hilarious and Mio is pretty darn Tsundere. Yui is a squirrel, 'nuff said.

I foresee a Limited Edition Mio Fender Bass being produced by Fender and being sold for an OBSCENE amount of money.

Last edited:
Well it did make sales of guitars in Japan go up

Currently
HA HA Im watching One Piece on Funmations site
THEY CANT BLOCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy them on DVD?
Are they mad? Its 400+ episodes and 13 in each set dosnt seem like enough

Yeah but one isnt blatantly made to fuel moe freaks minds
Well, one is a josei series and the other is... KyoAni.

Yeah, I've been told how Haruhi is looking more and more like K-ON. After all, it's the series which had KyoAni skimping out on Haruhi season 2 to make.

Oi! K-On! girls are 15, I'm 16. I'm not a Pedo... yet.

The worst part about it is how blatantly obvious it is.

It's like you're eating pudding and this guy next to you is eating spaghetti. You remark on how you like spaghetti. So the guy dumps some of his spaghetti in your pudding. Now only the bravest of souls would eat that Pudding.

I love K-On because I can spot the product placement and an only imagine the amount of money Otaku are spending on all of this stuff. It's hilarious to say the least.
One guy even bought the completely wrong guitar model from what Yui was using.

As for plot, the teacher is legitimately hilarious and Mio is pretty darn Tsundere. Yui is a squirrel, 'nuff said.
I'm just watching it for the 'hilarious' bit (and it better be hilarious).

I think I'll get Planetes on DVD. Seriously, I can't find any episodes on the interwebs!!
Go for it, it's a brilliant series.

I got it dirt cheap from the States, it's still the best bargain I've ever got on Amazon.

Well, one is a josei series and the other is... KyoAni.

Yeah, I've been told how Haruhi is looking more and more like K-ON. After all, it's the series which had KyoAni skimping out on Haruhi season 2 to make.

I'm just watching it for the 'hilarious' bit (and it better be hilarious).

Go for it, it's a brilliant series.

I got it dirt cheap from the States, it's still the best bargain I've ever got on Amazon.

The manga is funnier in my opinion. It also doesn't suffer as much Puni Plush chipmunkish either. I generally just take in the sweetness as either snark bait or parody.

"I'm flying!!"

I'll admit that scared Mio often invokes the whole "Cuteness Proximity" phenomenon. Kinda reminds me of a kid in elementary school at times.

I'm not a pedo! I'm 16! I swear!!! :O

Back