What anime are you watching at the moment?

It's not that I don't get what happened, it's that I don't get how it happened.

What was with giant naked Rei? And the Rei ghosts? What exactly did SEELE hope to accomplish with Instrumentality? How does this tie in with episodes 25/26, if at all?

It doesn't help that those last 20 minutes are full of yet more boring introspection and pretentious postmodernism.

EDIT: Speaking of confusing, this week's Umineko was awesome.

So now Takano is involved as well?

But how does Battler intend to argue against the existence of magic after he just teleported into the room? Speaking of which... how did he do that? :crazy:

I was always under the impression Rei was like a wart clone of Lilith and some of Yui. So you merge Rei with Lilith and you get the "real" Lilith and then... I forgot.

I went overboard with over-speculation before I just figured out that THE SCRIPT for the last 20 minutes was the entire point. The rest is backdrop.

The entire story isn't an epic about a young fearful boy piloting a mech and fighting meaningful aliens. It's a 30 year old man criticizing the current teen generation needlessly using an omnipresent veiwpoint and baiting them with a mech story. The final 20 minutes makes this abundantly clear. Yet, there is still something there that I like. I can't place my finger on it, but I keep coming back to it. I think it's Asuka, that bi-brat.

I will be seeing the Rebuild movies.

Ack, anyways I need something fun. I've stopped the Haruhi for now. I'm just not interested. Ghost in the Shell maybe. Excel Saga perhaps. Why not Kodomo no Jikan...

I got sick of ToraDora, I knew how it was going to end. It was too long!

It's not that I don't get what happened, it's that I don't get how it happened.

What was with giant naked Rei? And the Rei ghosts? What exactly did SEELE hope to accomplish with Instrumentality? How does this tie in with episodes 25/26, if at all?

It doesn't help that those last 20 minutes are full of yet more boring introspection and pretentious postmodernism.

EDIT: Speaking of confusing, this week's Umineko was awesome.

So now Takano is involved as well?

But how does Battler intend to argue against the existence of magic after he just teleported into the room? Speaking of which... how did he do that? :crazy:

I was always under the impression Rei was like a wart clone of Lilith and some of Yui. So you merge Rei with Lilith and you get the "real" Lilith and then... I forgot.

I went overboard with over-speculation before I just figured out that THE SCRIPT for the last 20 minutes was the entire point. The rest is backdrop.

The entire story isn't an epic about a young fearful boy piloting a mech and fighting meaningful aliens. It's a 30 year old man criticizing the current teen generation needlessly using an omnipresent veiwpoint and baiting them with a mech story. The final 20 minutes makes this abundantly clear. Yet, there is still something there that I like. I can't place my finger on it, but I keep coming back to it. I think it's Asuka, that bi-brat.
I guess that's one way of looking at it...? :crazy:

Ack, anyways I need something fun. I've stopped the Haruhi for now. I'm just not interested. Ghost in the Shell maybe. Excel Saga perhaps. Why not Kodomo no Jikan...

I got sick of ToraDora, I knew how it was going to end. It was too long!
If you're looking for fun, Excel Saga is worth a look. It dips a bit in the second half, but it's still great.

And yes, you should go watch Ghost in the Shell.

Excel saga all the way
Watch the dub tho as there are times when the sub is to hard to follow

Currently
Ghost hunt is on hold as so far it seems a bit dull

On to Angel Heart
I think Heart of glass by Blondie should of been the intro song
But its good so far

About to watch Witchblade again, this time uncensored. Also, does anyone know of any good anime shows from the 80s? (Prinny, perhaps?)

The 15th Funi is finally releasing Dragon Ball Season 1

http://dragonball.saiyanisland.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/season1-226x300.jpg

needless to say I'm going to be on that like stink on a monkey... no Sayian pun intended.

It's about time. I'll be buying these for sure, I just hope the "remastering" process is more than a simple 16:9 cropping.

Napalmbrain said:
Finished season 1 of Nodame Cantabile. Now onto season 2...

Well, what did you think?

Napalmbrain said:
Finished season 1 of Nodame Cantabile. Now onto season 2...

Very good. The funniest series I've seen in quite a while.
Yeah it was good
I think season 2 is funnier tho
The OVA is a bit shite
About to watch Witchblade again, this time uncensored. Also, does anyone know of any good anime shows from the 80s? (Prinny, perhaps?)
Is Witchbalde any good?

What type of 80s anime?

Yeah it was good
The OVA is a bit shite
Which OVA, the beach one or the recent one?

Season 3 in January! :)

Also, does anyone know of any good anime shows from the 80s? (Prinny, perhaps?)
I watched Macross recently, that was pretty good. Bubblegum Crisis is also worth a look.

I watched Macross recently, that was pretty good. Bubblegum Crisis is also worth a look.

I forgot all about Macross, I've only seen a few bits and pieces of it so I'll definitely check it out.

Yeah it was good
The OVA is a bit shite

Nice, I've only gotten to the end of Season 1 for now. If S2 is as funny as you say it is, I'll be checking it out soon then.

DPrinny said:
Is Witchbalde any good?

What type of 80s anime?

Witchblade is good, the animation & art direction is almost on par with Samurai Champloo (but not as slick). Soundtrack is nice, some of the younger female adults have super model bodies though (with large breasts & bubble butts.. but I guess that's to be expected). Story is good, although it kinda drags in the later eps (24 ep show).. other than all that I recommend giving it a go, especially if you liked the original American comic book.

And any 80s anime will do. :)

yayqc1.gif
season 3

It was not the one at the beach

As far as 80s stuff goes
Lupin III
Dragonball (lol)
I dont think I have seen that much 80s stuff as it all kinda gets lumped into one area

frontier was good, it was deffinatly worth watching . but the original BGC files didnt intrest me. Tokyo 2040 on the other hand :yesnod:
I'm watching Macross Frontier at the moment (along with Nodame Cantabile), so far it's not bad. Haven't seen Tokyo 2040, I may check it out sometime.

The 15th Funi is finally releasing Dragon Ball Season 1

http://dragonball.saiyanisland.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/season1-226x300.jpg

needless to say I'm going to be on that like stink on a monkey... no Sayian pun intended.

On second thought, I won't be buying this... not yet at least. Funimation is releasing Toei Animation's "Dragon Box Z" sets here in America starting November 2009, with much better quality than FUNi's remastered sets, more extras, etc. It retails at over $800 per box in Japan, but FUNi is breaking the boxes down and releasing them for $80 ($50 on Amazon). It's a shame they didn't wait alittle longer to keep the Season Set buyers from getting ripped off.

otakon09_dbox_2.jpg

otakon09_dbox_5.jpg

otakon09_dbox_6.jpg

It's only a matter of time before they release the original "Dragon Box" and Dragon Box GT.

DPrinny said:
As far as 80s stuff goes
Lupin III
Dragonball (lol)
I dont think I have seen that much 80s stuff as it all kinda gets lumped into one area

I think I've seen more than enough Dragon Ball. Lupin's been added, I've seen like 11 episodes of it so far and really enjoyed them.

I've also got Patlabor waiting to be seen. My father was telling me of Gatchaman, Voltron, and Astro Boy when he was growing up, so I'll give those three a go as well.

Back