What are the actually GOOD Wii games for a "Wii60" owner?

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
Yes, im a "Wii60" owner. I bought Wii first, I must say, Nintendo was a genious and tricked the hell out of me, it was almost as if they had a mind control device like on Mass Effect that indoctrinated me. I bought Zelda first and was disappointed but happy. Happy cuz it was great game Disappointed because I expected better graphics than its earlier console (gamecube), gee I wonder why I would think the newer one would have better graphics? Anyway, I got Godfather because I loved the 3 godfather movies, as a fan, I loved it so no complaints there. But after trying to desperately look for the next good game, I was stuck and couldnt find anything, I bought a 360 and was hooked buying many games and never looked back, until now... I got Mario Galaxy and finally another good game for Wii I can actually enjoy.

To give you a feel of the gamer I am, here's what I have on my Xbox 360:

Gears of War
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Madden 08 (NFL is the ****)
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Oblivion GOTY Edition
The Orange Box
Mass Effect

So as you can see, most of my games are top rated games, I dont like buying a game that I play 1 time and get bored of. Except for Splinter Cell, I got bored of it :p But it only cost me $5 for both of those.

Now my Nintendo Wii games are:

Super Mario Galaxy - First E Rated game I enjoy in a VERY long time, No joke!
Zelda: Twilight Princess - Zelda is always good, I never have to worry
Godfather Blackhand Edition: BIG fan of the movie, so I loved this.
Heatseeker - Okay, this isnt really my game, I got it for my dad. btw hate it.

Okay lets not state the obvious good games okay?
I know the following games are good and I may get them at one point or another:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - I didnt really like Melee, shoot me :p I might get, I hope I actually like this one.
Mario Strikers Charged - Maybe, I dont know.
Resident Evil 4 - Ill probably get this soon, since its cheap now
Super Paper Mario - I'll get this for sure
Metroid Prime 3 - I'll get when price drops alot more.

Okay after that im stuck, when I got to review websites to see whats poppin' almost all the games are rated low. There are a few 7's and 8's, and very very very little 9s, maybe only 2? I usually only get things that are 8.5's+ for 360, but I guess ill have to bend for Wii.

Battle Battalions 2 looks pretty good. Okay start listing away! I hope these forums are nice/active enough.

Based on the games you own for the 360, there's probably not much for the Wii that you'd like. There really isn't anything on the Wii like those games. The recent Medal of Honor is OK, but it's a complete turd compared to the shooters on the 360 (like Orange Box). As of right now, there really isn't much worth owning for the Wii. Everything is either crappy or a "play it once and forget it" kind of game. The only notable mention is GH3, but you'd be better off getting it for the 360.

balrogs.pa: Yes I read it, I really do my research ever since my brother has had alot of games turn sour on his PS2 where he wasted $50 for game. I read the reviews, I also watch alot of gameplay trailers and learn about the game to make sure the game is what I would like.

Atomheart: That makes me sad :/ Personally the graphics isnt everything, if that were true, a game like TimeShift would have been great, but that game was mediocre and not worth buying. Im just desperate for a game that has great gameplay and a great story, 2 things that dont require graphics. Its almost as if game developers have abandoned Nintendo and left all the cheesy things for them.

I mean hell, look at a old game like Half-Life (number 1, not 2) That game is a great FPS. Why couldnt HL get ported over to gamecube? Nintendo really seems to be aimed so much at casual gamers that they dont like anything with violence in it. Seems like the most violent game is Resident Evil, Godfather and Metroid Prime.

What I would give for a new Punch out on Wii, or Nintendo putting there brains together to make a great game of Donkey Kong again. Instead they make some racing game :(

You may enjoy these games:

Manhunt 2 (In my Opinion it is highly underated by the critics)

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (great online play)

Resident Evil 4 (If you haven't played it yet, get it)

Metroid Prime 3 (just amazing!!!)

Battalion Wars 2 (Looks great and great online mode)

Guitar Hero 3 (OK! I now this is out there, but everyone loves Guitar Hero!!!)

Manhunt 2, I was thinking on getting it. But because of dumb idiots, they how to censor that game waay to much. Once my brother saw the trailer himself he immediately changed his mind also.

RE4, I will be getting
MP3, I will be getting
MoH, I was thinking maybe, but for $50 its probably better to just get CoD4 on my xbox.
BW2, I agree looks nice, im doin more research on this game
GH3, just like someone said, its better to just get on 360.

Anyone know of good game developers making exclusive games on Wii that are good? Like, for instance... Ubisoft made Assassins Creed for PS3/360, obviously it wasnt on Wii because that would be impossible. They have raving rabbids, but thats like, mini games. It would be cool to see a horror shooter, or RPG in cartoon graphics like Mario Galaxy with great gameplay/story.

Ghost Squad is a great wiimake. The missions aren't very long, but there are multiple branches to play, up to 4 person co-op. Online ranking system is a nice bonus. It's also fun to use two wiimotes for yourself or another player ;)

Wii60 hahaha I'll admit I didn't get it at first...
I'd go with Medal of Honor Heroes 2. Its a good casual game because of its online play. although there is no 2 player. Ghost Squad is great for the 4 player fun but its seriously short like 30-40 minutes.

HOW CAN YOU NOT NO ABOUT MARIO GALXY AH
mario_weiser.jpg

btw look at my guys xD i got listed im more of ur type of playar ^^

I have Mario Galaxy. I said that o_O Ghost Squad IMO looks pretty low budget :/ Looks like a cheap arcade game, Resident evil looks better, but the fact that you cant do what you want makes it suck to me.

Never heard of that game, didnt know nintendo was using there nunchuck to control a cock, they really ****ed up on Wii.

Hey, T3kNi9e.
No More Heroes, Fragile, Sadness, Project O, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition.

There. Try those when they come out. But RE4 is already out. Best port I've ever played. If you passed up Okami the first time around, get it for Wii when it comes out.

so you mainly like shooters and RPG's i see. wlecome to my world. but dammit dont restrioct your gaming to just 18+ games. trust me, youll get alot more pleasure from playing all the games tha catch your eye, instead of saying, hmm looks like a kiddie game....

Heres a list youll enjoy:

metroid prime 3 (seriously, get this)
Timesplatters 4 Wii (shooter)
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Umbrella Chornicles
Medal of honour: heroes 2
Monster Hunter 3
Manhunt 2
Animal Crossing wii

those are just from the top of my head. you might wanna rent Mysims too, its actually a great game. very in-depth too.

good luck, but whatever you do, dont give up on the wii. 2008 is going to be packed full of games. and i mean PACKED.

Yea I like shooters if story is good and gameplay is good. RPGs, i love RPGs more than any other game genre. Having a great story and leveling your character while upgrading your equip is fun. But I really like any type of game thats fun. Thats why I got Mario, Zelda, Godfather, Madden 08. Its just that there's so many good games on 360, I usually just save my money for that next big games. Right now im planning on getting GTA4 for my 360 and possibly Too Human if it ever gets a release date. But other than that, there is no game I really want for 360, so im trying to rain down on my Wii.

Timesplitters seems cool, I saw screenshots of other Timesplitter games, that could be good.
MoH H2 would be nice, but if im gonna get a WWII shooter, ill probably just get CoD2/CoD3
Monster Hunter 3, I saw video gameplay footage of Monster Hunter 2, that game looks cool as hell. Im guessing 3 will be better. But I need to find out a bit more about it to see exactly how gameplay is. Ill surely get it if its more RPG style.
Manhunt 2, I wish they homo politicians and gay suburb parents werent so whiney. Seems like certain freedoms dont actually exist, they had to kill manhunt with so much censor. You can be 18 and go to war, but you cant be 17+ (Mature rating) and buy a video game of someone killing people violently.

Ill get MP3 and the Resident Evils for sure and if Monster Hunter 3 turns out good, ill get that.
Animal Crossing seems a little too childish for me.

Back