What balance issues will arise from SSBB?

Basically I switched because I was getting tired of Marth's technical play. It was getting repetitive. Every match, dashdance to shffl, wavedash to smash or tilt, grab to chainthrow or techchase, etc... rinse and repeat..
Switched to Peach as a joke originally, but I mainly love the mindgames. Don't need to wavedash as much cuz of float cancel, lots of turnip camp, lots of float cancel back air, dashdances to dash attack, edgeguarding is crazy, chainthrow space animals, and of course the infamous dsmash...
I just prefer mindgames>technical. And Peach lets me do that, while still easily employing lots of technical aspects. So many ways to edgeguard. Turnip, dsmash, fc to back air/neutral air. I can go rambling on about how great Peach is, but you get the point..

ssbb_lover said:
Haha, no. I'm not that good yet. I've taken about 2 months off now, I really should get back. And yeah, short hopping is definitely a difficult task with Sheik. The woman just wants to jump high. :)
hahaha i KNOW! and it always makes me mad cuz in close quarters i want to use my Captain F tactics and shorthop dair or n air but she jumps so high and i end up just hopping into their combo LOL so frustrating

Prez said:
Basically I switched because I was getting tired of Marth's technical play. It was getting repetitive. Every match, dashdance to shffl, wavedash to smash or tilt, grab to chainthrow or techchase, etc... rinse and repeat..
Switched to Peach as a joke originally, but I mainly love the mindgames. Don't need to wavedash as much cuz of float cancel, lots of turnip camp, lots of float cancel back air, dashdances to dash attack, edgeguarding is crazy, chainthrow space animals, and of course the infamous dsmash...
I just prefer mindgames>technical. And Peach lets me do that, while still easily employing lots of technical aspects. So many ways to edgeguard. Turnip, dsmash, fc to back air/neutral air. I can go rambling on about how great Peach is, but you get the point..
aaaaaaaaaaah the tilts...still my main flaw lol i always turn them into smash attacks by accident

Prez said:

Thing about Marth is that when you avoid the repetitive techniques, it becomes enjoyable...I just instinctively follow each attack with another, mostly aerial ones, 'cause I love aerial battle. I'm not as much as expert, though, so maybe that's why. I usually can't go to tournaments so I play team battles against level 9 computers with all against me...wicked fun with Marth or Roy.

anax4aero said:
Thing about Marth is that when you avoid the repetitive techniques, it becomes enjoyable...I just instinctively follow each attack with another, mostly aerial ones, 'cause I love aerial battle. I'm not as much as expert, though, so maybe that's why. I usually can't go to tournaments so I play team battles against level 9 computers with all against me...wicked fun with Marth or Roy.
hahaha ya i practice on level nines sometimes. dunno about three at a time but their good for learing techniques and possible combos...but you gotta be carefull using those against people cuz comps have no mind games and cant DI

Getting back on topic (hopefully)...

I mentioned in the "who will you play as first" thread that I intended to main fox, sonic and bowser... I was promptly laughed at for saying bowser... but I think he looks pretty badass personally... I mean his shier size and weight will be handy, and his final smash is devestating as hell! He has some nice defensive moves and his pointiness seems... lethal... somehow... anyways, I just wonder what others think of bowser, or other heavy weights as mains (especially going up against the feather weights)

ScottAspen said:
Getting back on topic (hopefully)...

I mentioned in the "who will you play as first" thread that I intended to main fox, sonic and bowser... I was promptly laughed at for saying bowser... but I think he looks pretty badass personally... I mean his shier size and weight will be handy, and his final smash is devestating as hell! He has some nice defensive moves and his pointiness seems... lethal... somehow... anyways, I just wonder what others think of bowser, or other heavy weights as mains (especially going up against the feather weights)
oh ya sorry about that man lol aaah i think i commented about your bowser choice. i wouldn't do it cuz i prefer quick characters with good combos but he should be alot better in brawl. and if you can get his Fsmash to hit it has the same knock back as the falcon punch lol so have fun man you only need like 5-8 hits in and your good for a ko

When it comes to heavy weight I look forward to Ike...he seems awesome. Dedede also seems interesting, but I have an issue with fat penguins with mallets.

anax4aero said:
When it comes to heavy weight I look forward to Ike...he seems awesome. Dedede also seems interesting, but I have an issue with fat penguins with mallets.
hahaha ya to me deedede is looking low tier. to much of an experimental character in my mind. and i'd say ike is cool to but i've never been good with sword wielding characters with no projectiles lol

spiff-ssbb said:
hahaha ya to me deedede is looking low tier. to much of an experimental character in my mind. and i'd say ike is cool to but i've never been good with sword wielding characters with no projectiles lol
Actually, I heard that Dedede has the srongest f-smash of the starting characters, and he seems pretty unique for a heavy char because of his ridiculously high jump.

Links d-air is sweet, by the way. After 70%, most characters get K.Oed by it almost instantly.

Prez said:
I did like Marth, but I wouldn't trade my Peach for anything. Only problem I have against Marths are when I'm facing someone who knows how to space well. When i'm on that ledge against a Marth that is spacing well, it usually doesn't end well. Otherwise, dsmash, dsmash, dsmash.. lol

Prez said:
Connections :yesnod:
Got it before release, actually.
And did you just say you were close to me? PM me if you want and I might be able to recommend some places in the area.

Heh, that's the very first time I've seen Prez use a smiley and/or lol. You usually don't show any emotions in your posts...

But anyway, Dedede will be my mostly used heavy weight....

main.php
sheiks a GUY
LINK^^^^^

Last edited:
No...she's not.
GigaRidley said:
Actually, I heard that Dedede has the srongest f-smash of the starting characters, and he seems pretty unique for a heavy char because of his ridiculously high jump.
^^ Exactly why I was hesitating to call what tier he would be in. I'll wait to see how good someone gets with him.

Interesting how usually Wario is one of the most overlooked characters...he's heavyweight too, isn't he?

haven't seen many people excited about Wario.

Back