what controller do you use for ssbb?

This has already been posted before. Use the search function.

FYI its the GC controllers that are going to be used for SSBB, not the Wii controller.

Welcome to Wiiboards! Hope you enjoy reading and posting replies to threads. Cheers!

Welcome and its supost to be the Gamecube..but just someone a few minutes ago on this forum told me no...but i still believe that it will be the GC remote

Optional?!?!?
Theres a website stating that SSBB will only use GC controllers! No ifs or buts. Here it is:
The game was conspicuously absent from Nintendo's Wii showing at their 2006 Pre-E3 press conference. The next day, on Wednesday, May 10, 2006, at the After-Hours Press Conference, Nintendo officially revealed the game under the name of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Miyamoto and Sakurai, who were there to make the announcement, hinted that the game could have full compatibility with the GameCube controller. Sakurai said that the reason was because he did not want to "alienate those familiar with the pad." In an interview with IGN, Sakurai said the Wii's motion sensing features might not be included because, "we found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game."[2]
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl

if they don't make ssbb compatible with the gc controllers, im selling my wii the next day. ssbb is the main reason i bought the wii.

yer u can use the classic remote from game cube in wii so u wont hav to use the remotes from da wii so dun worry

PyroMuffin said:
yer u can use the classic remote from game cube in wii so u wont hav to use the remotes from da wii so dun worry
'yer u can use the classic remote from game cube in wii' WTF???!!!!

g2g cya

i goin now den lol cya:mad5: :cool: :ciappa: :aureola: :wink: :lol: :arf: :yesnod: :smilewinkgrin: :crazy: :mad5: :shocked: :O :wtf: :scared: :sick:

So the "classic/retro" controllers will work for SSBB and other games just as the gamecube controllers would?

Or are the "classic/retro" controllers only for classic games

i think that they will use the virtual console controller and i also believe they will probably have 2 different packages, (like wiiplay) one with a vc controller, one without. I'm kinda worried though, if they use the gamecube controllers (which i dont think they will) they might be in trouble, because i think we will (despite what nintendo says) get Brawl late 2007, most likely mid 2008, but gamecube controllers could be very hard to find for those people who didn't go gamecube last gen and elected to go ps2 or xbox. If they can't find gamecube controls, they can't play brawl

Back