What controller to use?

poz

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2010
kentucky
I have COD World at War and just got Black Ops yesterday and am wondering what controller is best or what do most people use? I have been using the wii Zapper. What are the pros or cons of them?

Thanks in advance

For First Person Shooter games you cant beat the Classic Pro.
You can sit back and relax whilst you game for hours :)

Hey all, I'm new here and found this thread. Got the Wii for Christmas and love first person shooter games so I got COD World@War. I also got the Classic controller mainly because for these types of games I like the controller or a Keyboard and a mouse.
So some have said they use this controller for World@War, my question is how??? I have plugged it in to the Wii-mote but it doesn't recognize it.

Thanks in advance for any info!!!!

I have COD World at War and just got Black Ops yesterday and am wondering what controller is best or what do most people use? I have been using the wii Zapper. What are the pros or cons of them?

Thanks in advance
I personally prefer the wii zapper because when you get good with it, it tends to be way more accurate and my reflexes always seem faster with it. I use it also just because to me the point of getting a first person shooter for the wii is to have the feel that you are using a real gun or at least you have to actually aim.
Hey all, I'm new here and found this thread. Got the Wii for Christmas and love first person shooter games so I got COD World@War. I also got the Classic controller mainly because for these types of games I like the controller or a Keyboard and a mouse.
So some have said they use this controller for World@War, my question is how??? I have plugged it in to the Wii-mote but it doesn't recognize it.

Thanks in advance for any info!!!!
World at War doesn't use the classic controller, the only Call of Duty game the classic controller is compatible with is black ops

Wiimote/nunchuck is best for me. Honestly my reaction time with the pointer is better than with the sticks. When someone comes running across my screen I can hit them better with the pointer than the CCP. However there are pros and cons to both, although your aim is more swift and precise with the Wiimote, the coursor is less "bouncy" with the CCP. In the end it is a personal preference, and personally I prefer Wiimote/Nunchuck. Zapper is only really good for rail shooters. I only use it for Resident Evil and Dead Space

I agree with Shoot2Kyll. I think using the Zapper makes the game so much more fun and adds a realism about it. Nothing feels better than making an awesome sniper shot when you are really using a gun instead of a controller. SO it looks like a goofy space gun or something, but it is a game after all. I've never played it any other way. It does take some time to get used to it, but once you do it is awesome. I use the alpha button configuration. It works on all Wii C.O.D. games.

My next step is to get this bad boy that comes with the new Cabela's came. Looks like an assault rifle and even has a workable scope. The guy at Gamestop said it works really well.

:wiitransformer:

Attachments

• wii_gun_1280448543_640w.jpg
    wii_gun_1280448543_640w.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 267
i've played with that gun from Cabella's. it is a little awkward to reach all the buttons, and is also difficult to play with while sitting down. I found that using the wiimote and nunchuck works well if you sit and set the wiimote in your lap and point at the bad guys.

Yeah I got it a couple days ago. You're right it is awkward and you can't really use the scope like I wanted to. Oh well. It works really well for the Cabela's game ...if you are in to killing animals and such. I prefer humans myself! On C.O.D. of course :biggrin5:

Back