What controls do you play Wii with?

reddrob36

WiiChat Member
Feb 5, 2009
I prefer the standard Gamecube controllers. Been usig them through the Gamecube days, so I am used to them. The whole motion thing and the Wiimotes are cool. However, I just can't seem to get the control I want out of the Wiimote on certain games. For instance on Mario cart I am all over and off the track with the Wii Wheel. But can play like a pro with either a gamecube control or the nunchuk to steer. In Smash Brawl, I can't imagine not having the gamecube control. Wiimote doesn't feel right. Mario Galaxy is the game that will likely force me to master the wiimote, as there is no option for other controllers! I am sure the Wiimote is much better for games like Wii Sports and Wii Play, and a bunch of others. Your thoughts?

its all in what you're used to.
im sure if i could use a 64 controller, i would prefer that.

well i love using the wii-mote but there are some games that i wish they would lets us play with the gamecube pad but then that would take all the fun out of it

I would really like Nintendo to bring out a standard bluetooth joypad.
But then again, with that in mind that would just make the Wii like every other last gen console.

Wii pointer works really well for shooting games (MP3, COD). Wii tilting is great for racing (MK, Excite Truck). Games like Wii Sports, Boom Blox, Tiger, Madden, n Zack n Wiki make good use of the swinging. If you don't try to learn or get used to the wiimote functionaly, then you're really missing out on the fun. Isn't that what the Wii is all about besides Nintendo franchises? If you like the analog controls, get a PS3.

Wiimote is the best! There is so much functionality, i.e the motion sensor capability of turning,swinging,tilting and 'punching' with the Wiimote. I also love the fact that you can plug the wiimote into accessories like the Wii Wheel for Mario Kart. It's awesome, why change it? And the light sabers... don't get me started!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really like Nintendo to bring out a standard bluetooth joypad.
But then again, with that in mind that would just make the Wii like every other last gen console.

That's what the Classic Controller is (although it uses the Wii Remote's bluetooth instead of having its own).

control control control

I like the wiimote but it depends on the game. I need the analog control stick for directional games. The analog stick on the nunchuk or standard gamecube controllers seem more precise than the wiimote. I also kind dislike the wire between the wiimote and nunchuk. I want a wireless nunchuk, but hear the ones out have lag, which is a no no with gaming!

it uses infared not bluetooth.lol

Uh no, they use bluetooth to communicate to the console.

The red buttons for syncing are for pairing bluetooth devices. You can even pair a Wii remote to a PC that has bluetooth.

The infrared sensor bar is used only for the pointer functionality, and even then, the remote is receiving the infrared, not sending data.

Back