what did you do to get the wii

keywii

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
Just write down what you did to get the wii simple as that.

I gave up thanksgiving and waited in a line for 22 hours without sleep. I got so bored I found out you can draw on sidewalks with acorns.

Man sucks to be you lol. I got up at 6 am went to Target about 6:30 am and there was still about 20 Wiis left. When they handed out tickets to people waiting they still had spare tickets. I waiting almost 2 hrs to get my Wii.

pizzaluvr said:
i wen't to a 24 hour walmart at about 2 to get it
I WAS going to do that but there was a HUGE line so I didnt lol I went back home and slept and still got one in the morning.

Logged on to Amazon.co.uk at 9am, refreshed the page for about 45 minutes until they finally put them up, then pre-ordered one very fast ;)

Gave up getting a X1950XT for my computer, put the money into the Wii, some games and a bus ticket so I can travel the 1300km to pick it up from the store (It is one of my closest EB's :yesnod:) Was going to get it sent out, but thought I would visit the folks in Brisbane for Christmas as well - kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

I pre ordered mine at woolworths - meaning that I will still need to be at the store for opening to ensure the dumb ass staff don't get confused and sell my copy. And to ensure that they haven't over-sold their pre orders so I'll need to wait for the second wave...

God woolworths? Wtf was I thinkin.? Anyone in the uk will tell you how bad they suck. Its like a mini (mini) wal-mart of the 70s (Which has changed little from the 70s). will be suprised if I get my wii hassle-free

honeymustard said:
Logged on to Amazon.co.uk at 9am, refreshed the page for about 45 minutes until they finally put them up, then pre-ordered one very fast ;)

Im with this guy :)

(it was a very real online campout)

The worst part was that I had to go to college at like 9:40. They put them up right when I was about to leave, so I was very lucky.

I waited to hear the launch date when ever that was and went on to Play.com and pre ordered it, job done, got my email saying I should get it on launch date so we shall see. Not long to wait now!!

I was lucky to get a Pre Order in at a local gamespot. I decided to swing by about 10 minutes before the store opened, and was lucky #9. The only reason there was a #9 was because the manager of the store didn't want his right away.... so I was lucky #9..... didn't have to wait in line for more than 5 minutes...

#1 Wii was a preorder.

#2 Wii I went to Best Buy on Launch day at 8:30am and bought some kids ticked for $200. Dude waited in line for 12hrs in the cold lol.

#3 Wii I merely walked into EB games on black friday at 11:30am and bought the last one.

cant remember if it was 9 or 11

Guess I got off easy. I just stood outfront of a Bestbuy for three hours. # 41/135. :/ The only hard part was waking up early heh

Back