What do girls like on Valentines Day?

If your just trying to get her to like you, keep it simple. Nothing to large that screams, I spent time in a forum trying to get ideas. But something easy. A card yeah. Maybe an iTunes card or CD if she's into music or something that you can talk with her about more later. Create an opportunity for followup with her...

MazenXD said:
Ok what should you do for a girl that lives in a nother country and you don't got her address and you don't even know if she likes you?
do you communicate over the internet, email, phone?

ask for her address... if she knows you enough, she'll easily give you the address... buy online... shipping between countries could take too long now, i think

if she asks why you want the address, then simply let her know you have a gift because you enjoy spending time with her... or call it a valentine's day gift... it's up to you to guess on how well she like that. :yesnod:

MazenXD said:
Ok what should you do for a girl that lives in a nother country and you don't got her address and you don't even know if she likes you?

God, Idjut, they're only acquaintances, you know!

Well, first of all, if you're planning to send her something then I'd get a lesson in common sense, if Adam sent me anything my mum would find out, and, you know most people, they think that online relationships are quite pointless and a waste of time... And very distracting, so I wouldn't want her parents to find out either, and my family would mock me, eeh.

...Don't even know if she likes you? I think you know the answer to that.

MazenXD said:
no really i don't.
i only get an e-mail from her every 2 weeks.

that statement made it clear...

then just keep warming up to her through email... it's likely too soon and too weak of a communication path... patience... :yesnod:

Personally, I'm the type of person that would take one little thing my girl said she likes and get her that...no matter if it's really small, it shows that you're listening and being attentive to her. For instance, I knew my girlfriend loves the Nightmare Before Christmas, but didn't have the DVD and said literally once that she wanted it...it popped up as her present. She loved it! Gifts don't have to be cliché anymore for V-Day. Flowers are nice, candy is nice, but can be bought everywhere. The key is to show you put thought to action.

If you want to go a step further, be creative and make something. Cooking a dinner and planning a night around it is awesome, but that won't work for quite a few years so save that one for college lol! But an example of being creative, I know my girlfriend loves fleece blankets, and only had a small one. I found how to make one myself using no sewing. So I picked specific favorite colors of hers and made her one. It was inexpensive, and really fast to do. This may be too personal to do as an idea for you, but you get the idea.

Put some thought into it and I'm sure what you will come up with will be nice and show that you care.

this is what girls want...
had to erase the girl as what she didn't want was her picture posted on the forums, not that you can really see it anyway though.

DSC01673.jpgDSC01676.jpgDSC01679.jpg

idjut said:

that statement made it clear...

then just keep warming up to her through email... it's likely too soon and too weak of a communication path... patience... :yesnod:
so basicly what your saying is don't be to direct with love or it will kick you in the ass(thoughts: so thats why i never had a girlfriend.

MazenXD said:
so basicly what your saying is don't be to direct with love or it will kick you in the ass(thoughts: so thats why i never had a girlfriend.

No, it's because you're a sissy. Go for it!

MazenXD said:
are you saying you've been too direct and that why you never had one? --could be...

if you've not been patient then try it...
if it's patience that is kicking you in the rump then be more direct...

if you've been trying to have a girlfriend, but have not been able to have one, try the opposite actions of what you're doing... but do not confuse this with acting like someone you're not... :)

MazenXD said:

all about confidence my friend. to clarify, you can't be too direct, be subtle but be confident at the same time.

also this is the quote i live by
"If you have been rejected many times in your life, then one more rejection then one more rejection isn't going to make much difference. If you're rejected, don't automatically assume it's your fault. The other person may have several reasons for not doing what you're asking her to do: none of it may have anything to do with you. Perhaps the person is busy or not feeling well or genuinely not interested in spending time with you. Rejections are part of everyday life. Don't let them bother you. Keep reaching out to others. Keep reaching out to others. When you begin to recieve positive responses, then you are on the right track. It's all a matter of numbers. Count the positive responses and for get about the rejections."- Thom Yorke.

if you don't know who that is, it's the lead singer of radiohead. in a nutshell, don't take any rejection personally, and just keep going for it. Statistically if you go for it often enough and get rejected a bunch of times eventually it'll turn around and you'll find someone who wants to be with you. Rejection is as much a part of life as acceptance is.

Good luck.

Kyle

Last edited:
Back