What do I need to buy?

skmead

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am launching intot he world of Wii by purchasing a unit etc. for my kids for Christmas.

Basically, I am just wondering what I should be buying. There are obviously all sorts of packs etc. around at the moment but I am sure I should be buying additional controllers or accessories.

Anyone want to give their advice/ thoughts?

Steve

What is needed-
Wiimotes + Nunchuks + Motion plus (one lot for each player)
Rechargeable battery's lots of them.
Games
This thread will help you in that
Optional
Classic controller. Only really needed for a handful of games and all the Virtual Console games.

Not needed just a waste of money.
Packs with add-ons for the Wiimote. They usually have a tennis racket, baseball bat. They just get in the way and are not needed

I'd say wait for Mario Kart Wii Bundle. Then buy however many Wiimotes needed, but I recommend the ones that say "Wii Motion Plus Built-in" and don't forget Nun-Chucks. Buying Wii Wheels for each player is up to you. If you want to Download Games such as Retro Games then you might want an additional Memory Card, plus Wii Classic Controller Pro.

(Memory Card is optional, but is Recommended for use of Game Downloads or Data Back-up; If you Download SNES or N64 Game Data, Wii Classic Controller is Needed unless you have GameCube Controllers)

yes, instead of the wii motion plus attachment, get the new wii Remote Plus that just came out on the 7th..

Back