what do i need to hook up my wii, plz help!

trevorsantos

Banned
May 20, 2007
please post the things that i need to hook up my wii to internet,wii shop channel and stuff(i know its a dumb question, but i dont know anything about these stuff) some people are saying that i need a router, do i need it for a laptop? oh and is it usb or lan adapter?

pleaze post anything helpfull, thanks:wink:

if you have a wireless router...then you need nothing lol

otherwise you just basically need a USB LAN adapter, ethernet cable, and a router if you wanna b simple :p thats about it lol

im confused about that laptop part o_O

Last edited:
Stay away from the USB wireless adapter. You need either:

1. Internet connection - Wireless router
or
2. Internet connection - wired router - ethernet cable - ethernet adapter for Wii

i like my USB wireless adapter

it actually works pretty well

my wii is hooked in my basement, and the usb wireless adapter is two stories above it

and i can still connect to the interweb

and it's not even pointed anywhere specific(actually pointing to the back of my computer(it's at the computer's side right now))

Its a hack. It requires you to compromise security of your PC. It also wastes electricity by forcing you to leave the PC on all the time. It also only works with Nintendo products where a normal wireless router works with anything.

haha that could be true

i for some odd reason had 3 firewalls on my comp, i guess my parents are THAT paranoid

now i only have 1(which is still effective, and it allows the wireless usb to work)

but i don't care....i'm buying a laptop anyway so **** this comp, it could get 28461746124 viruses for all i care

if i knew i was going to get a laptop, i would of just got a wireless router

oh well too late now

Itz EAZY !

Just Buy A Wireless Hub Or Router Cnnect It To Your Computer And Search For The Access Point On Your Wii ! All the Cables Should Come With Router or Hub You Purchase !
If I Helped Hit The Green Mushroom ! :wink:

If that computer got filled with viruses it would effect your Wii.

Just wait until more online games are available. Your USB adapter is going to suck when it makes all your games lag.

i got it before i got a deal for a sweet laptop(well actually i'm not sure if it's sweet or not, all i know is that nothing seems wrong with it, and it plays WoW and CS:S so im' happy

i might lag during mario strikers charged

but oh well, as long as i get it before ssbb comes out i'm happy

alright it said something about the SSID, what do i do? i dont know anything about this.

SSID is the name of you wireless network. If you havn't changed any of the settings on your wireless router it will probably be the brand name (for example dlink, linksys or 2wire)

Back