What do the developers say about Wii online?

austinAlan

WiiChat Member
Aug 30, 2007
I've been trying to find recent articles or interviews from developers regarding the issues with Wii multiplayer online. There must be something terribly wrong with the Wii when it comes to this. It must be difficult and buggy or something. Any thoughts?

All I know of is that apparently Ninty wouldnt allow online to any third party title for a year.

Not sure if that is the story due to fifa and such but fifa does use EA nation online.

Cpt.McCloud said:
All I know of is that apparently Ninty wouldnt allow online to any third party title for a year.

Not sure if that is the story due to fifa and such but fifa does use EA nation online.
Right, I heard something like that, however what I heard they was late to provide the network part of the SDK. I assume they have resolved that? Not even sure if this is true or not but it makes sense.

KrisKhaos said:
Right, I heard something like that, however what I heard they was late to provide the network part of the SDK. I assume they have resolved that? Not even sure if this is true or not but it makes sense.

I suppose Nintendo wanted to get it's wi-fi service up and running slowly with their own games I suppose. Then allow other developers to incorporate this features and make them work along side with WC24.

Ah yes the Nintendo intentional delay does sound plausible. It allows them to release the console without having to deal with potential problems, or is that competition?, from third party titles.

Yeah, Nintendo are strict about their rules when it comes to online. I heard about an event where they stated that they will not be allowing any third parties from including online functionality within their games for a year or so. But yeah, I am sure that more and more games will support the online functionality as time goes by.

yeah nintendo wouldnt even give out online dev. kits for one year or somethign to prevent 3rd party online efforts.

Nintendo was slow releasing the online SDK, and during that time none of their games had online either. There was never a ban on other companies releasing online games despite the rumors. And once they did get the info from Nintendo, it still takes time to integrate that into your games.

Back