SantaClaws

Go Win a Darwin Award
Sep 25, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
7210-0959-6535-8841
When you see someones record before a match online

What do you consider a good record?

Meaning...How many wins/ losses makes you think of someone as good before you play them?

Same can go for bad, what kind of record?

Bad Records: Anyone who has played 20 games and has failed to win 30% of them (5-15, 7-30) usually denotes someone who is trudging through the internet, getting hammered. These people will eventually get better, but it's a matter of time before they end up quitting. No one can take a beating over and over again and not quit forever.

The ever present 43859439145-3. Everyone has a bad game. We all know it. Some teams are weaker on some levels. We, for instance, can't play on Stormship and not expect a close game. If your record depicts that you have won more than 95% of your games, you are probably a disconnecter, and we will score quickly and mercilessly in an effort to get you to stop wasting our time.

Good records: 67% to 85% win record. If you've played 20 games and are 15-5, chances are it's not luck, and you have some skill. This record is not 100% accurate however, because a lobbing team (DK, Hammer Bros., 2 Boo's is the most common) has 0 skill, one trick that can score about 50% of the time, and wins most of it's games against people who don't know how to clear the ball or pass intercept.

This is my read on 2 player, 1 player seems to be a bit different. Lobbers are *way* more common, since it's a difficult strategy to stop, though not impossible. Records tend to be lower, since 1 player is a *lot* more competitive. It's easy to be practice and be good on your own, it's a whole different ball game to get 2 people who know how to play the game and are coordinated.

Sorry, my friends all tell me I make explanations 1000% longer than they wanted, I just like to be thorough.

*edited for typos*

I think over 75% is good. I usually don't have under that but anything can happen since there's a lot of competition. Also, I think that records count for a lot. You can have a horrible record like 200-400 and be in a high ranking. I'm tired of playing people in the top 100 only to find an easy win/a premature disconnect. So I agree ^^^ Anything around 75% is a good record...

How can someone have a good record and be a disconnector?
you chalk a loss for every dc, and lose 5 points.
I personally dont trust the record system in ranked.

*grabs a post earlier from this season in ranked*

I played my first game against wiilink64 mid match it just dced we both scored some points and I think he was up by 1. when the screen boots up....I get the 98080 or something code. I cant log back in I get this 61070 code a few times, Then I'm finally able to log in only I have a loss. I play another guy I win a 20 point victory. Next game I coulda swore he wanted to GC after he scored the first point........ but here come the quick pick and he dc's. I get the same error code. I'm like WTF!!!!!!!! So much for starting the season out with a perfect record. I play like 4 more games Played against wiilink64 and he had no points, and no losses whatever. I beat him, play 3 more noobs all with very nice point rackage I'm at 114 but the sotd is only at 80 points........ I get error getting stats, get booted again. Now I'm back to 1 win 2 losses and now the striker of the day has just played a total of 40 games in the past half an hour with 21 wins and 20 losses.

that was in the beginning of the season. I would only have 2 losses 56 wins if there were no errors. I like playing people with good scores. It's fun to jack up their records. Records dont mean too much to me. you can have a ton of losses and still be pretty good.

Im agree with KingLain in the fact that the system isnt really good. You can have good matches against people that have bad records.

I love to face people that have 75% like jkill said. Those records from people like having 3 losses against 30 wins, almost in all cases are fake. They are people that DC when they win the first match, if they think they will loose they DC.

By the way, Yesterday I play against one that have record 0-6, my first though was, "We sill probably DC" but not, the series went 13-0 and 5-0 but he didnt DC. What am i telling with this ? That they are a few people that love the game and love to learn no matter if they loose or not. Eventually like someone said they will be better.

PS
King, I saw you yesterday but you were kinda bussy all the time. Hope see you soon available and play again

The reason I ask is before when I played if I had a 2-1 ratio of wins and losses I'd be doing really good

but this week I'm like 60-20 and I feel like I'm playing badly

King Lain said:
How can someone have a good record and be a disconnector?
you chalk a loss for every dc, and lose 5 points.

No sir. Most people know the trick behind DCing and not taking a loss.

King Lain said:
lol how is this possible you get a loss +-5 points

The trick is, if you DC but wind up at the Leaderboard screen, it assumes you had internet problems, and doesn't give you a loss of points or an L.

If you have a 2-1 ratio and have played 50 or more games (34-17) then u probably are solid, anything better like 3-1 (45-15) or higher than you are in for a good match most of the time. I'd like to play some of you guys who say you are the best on this site, i want to learn a few things. Who plays with guest? i'll have to post my strikers id. i use a few different names Ant, XclickX and Team Feeny. ill get the id's.

King Lain said:
I agree with the 2-1 ratio. and I think I played Ant on ranked before. but if you want a match fc is in sig.

I've been aiming for at least a 3-1 ratio now if that

Back