what do you do for a living?

Celeste said:
I know.
When you measure someone for a bra, you're required to wrap a measuring tape around the top of their ribcage (just below the breasts) and also in the middle of the breasts, the point which is largest in diameter.
Sometimes I can't get my arms around the customers. It's mildly inconvenient.

wow.... do you get hazard pay??

i think i would wrap that measuring tape around my neck...

Celeste said:
I know.
When you measure someone for a bra, you're required to wrap a measuring tape around the top of their ribcage (just below the breasts) and also in the middle of the breasts, the point which is largest in diameter.
Sometimes I can't get my arms around the customers. It's mildly inconvenient.
I'd love to do that job:smilewinkgrin:.

I thought that the cup was related to the RATIO of breast/chest. So a 5000 lb woman could technically have A bra.

But I digress...

Celeste said:
Part of my job description is fitting obese women for bras.
Did you know they made 50DDD?
I didn't.
Until now.
:\
[DT said:
]I'm assuming you missed the post about some of her clientele?
On second thought, I would prefer being a Teddy Bear maker... Ones which wear shades and make cool sounds when you squeeze them.

Brawny said:
I thought that the cup was related to the RATIO of breast/chest. So a 5000 lb woman could technically have A bra.

But I digress...
It is. You measure the diameter of right below the ribcage, and then the the diameter of right on the nipple (middle of the breasts). You subtract the first number from the second to get the cup size, and the band size is the first number.
Every inch = 1 cup size. So if the first diameter = 24 inches and the 2nd = 30, the person's bra size is 24DDD... (A, B, C, D, DD, DDD)
So you're right, a 5000lb woman could technically wear an A cup.

What's really annoying and disturbing is when in order to measure the diameter around the middle of the nipple area, the woman has to..hold herself up because otherwise it wouldn't be mathematically accurate, if you know what I mean D:

Last edited:
6t4pf9k.jpg

Lol, they're called Milk-Chan toys.

Celeste said:
It is. You measure the diameter of right below the ribcage, and then the the diameter of right on the nipple (middle of the breasts). You subtract the first number from the second to get the cup size, and the band size is the first number.
Every inch = 1 cup size. So if the first diameter = 24 inches and the 2nd = 30, the person's bra size is 24DDD... (A, B, C, D, DD, DDD)
So you're right, a 5000lb woman could technically wear an A cup.

chalk that up on the list of things i never thought i would know...right next to the difference between shampoo and conditioner.

Brawny said:

But I digress...
Talking about Ratio, I have some Maths H/W related to that... I can't be bothered...

TC, you're everywhere I post now. :lol:

I sit on my butt all day at school.
Sit on my butt on the computer, and also play Wii games.
Terribly cold out now, so not much to do in the way of fun outside, other then road hockey :D

All of which I don't get paid for.

CantGetAWii said:
I sit on my butt all day at school.
Sit on my butt on the computer, and also play Wii games.
Terribly cold out now, so not much to do in the way of fun outside, other then road hockey :D

All of which I don't get paid for.

How the heck could you avoid a conversation about bras like that!?

Back