What do you got?Laptop Or Desktop?

ProShooter

WiiChat Member
Aug 8, 2007
What do you own and use for internet gaming and chatting a laptop or a desktop or maybe both and what brand is your laptop r desktop?

i have a laptop, i want a desktop tho. i never take my laptop really outside my room so, i don't see the point.

well it depends, if you just want it in your room to play games get a desktop because they usually are faster and have more memory than laptops and they are easily upgradeable

but if you want to take it places (like school) and do mostly work on on it get a laptop

if your going to get a laptop i suggest a macbook pro, i have one and its just great. i really want a mac pro desktop so i can record/produce/store music.

lawl i actually bought a laptop for my self actually for games and i dont rly movve it lol though i had a choice to get a desktop though i just wanted a laptop because its small and sometiems i may move it and theres not a bunch of wires attached to it and also if i got a desktop it would be downstairs in my basement and it wud be mine though my parents and sis mite use it cuz its free and they might screw it up and crap..

I have a desktop.. However I'll be picking up a Macbook sometime soon for College.

got about 16 desktops and 5 laptops.
i use my mac mini for internet and chatting etc...

2 Mac mini's
1 HP desktop
1 HP laptop
1 Compaq laptop
1 compaq desktop
about 10 Dell desktops
and a few dell laptops.

Gaz said:
got about 15 desktops and 5 laptops.
i use my mac mini for internet and chatting etc...
Spoiled ALERT Spoiled ALERT lol how many do you own out of those laptops and desktops?

LoVeWiI said:
Spoiled ALERT Spoiled ALERT lol how many do you own out of those laptops and desktops?
I own a mac mini and a laptop, as well as another desktop (e-machines i think)

i don't own all of them, most of them are the ones in my basement which me and my dad play about with, a few servers and stuff.

I've got both.

I had a really old desktop when I lived with my mother, so I used the money from my saving account to buy myself a laptop, hoping I'd be able to have wireless internet so I could take it to my room.. but we could never get wireless to work =/

Well now I've moved in with my father and I use his desktop, cause there's no wireless here either, but as I'm on here a lot and the four of us living here want to use it very often I'm trying to persuade my step-mother to change the internet provider to AOL so we can get a free router. That way I can go up to my room with my laptop, my father can use his laptop wherever and my brother and step-mother can use the desktop. (this is my mission tonight as our contract runs out like next week with the current internet provider, and my step-mother knows nothing about computers and my fathers away, so she's only got my word =] )

And when I go to NY next year my mothers buying me a macbook from there as an 18th b-day present and so that I can use it for when I go to University next September.

Oh and for games I use my fathers desktop =]

Gaz said:
I own a mac mini and a laptop, as well as another desktop (e-machines i think)

i don't own all of them, most of them are the ones in my basement which me and my dad play about with, a few servers and stuff.
what brand is your laptop?
And why does everyone have a mac for school...

Last edited by a moderator:
LoVeWiI said:
what brand is your laptop?
And why does everyone have a mac for school...
i can't remember, it's some model from japan, importated it cheap

+ it's in my flat (220 miles away)

LOL, unless you're going to school for a music major, windows for college is preferred...

Networking is one place where Microsoft OWNS apple.

I have a 5 year old Dell desktop. Hasn't given me any troubles (other than having 256 MB RAM), and all I've done is given it the occasional puff of air.

I'm going to end up buying a Lappy for college next year. Most likely building it.

Back