What do you think of my Melee skills?

i don't know. i didn't read the details. it just said smash bros tournament. it was a youtube vid but i'm guessing it was competitive since there were a lot of people watching.

LiquidD said:
i don't know. i didn't read the details. it just said smash bros tournament. it was a youtube vid but i'm guessing it was competitive since there were a lot of people watching.
Really don't want to start an argument here, but I can assure you, ledgehogging is really not considered cheap. It is a very fair move to do, and it actually does require some skill. Most people do not even know how to do it or how it actually works. It is VERY necessary to do in any competitive match.

theres not much skill needed to edgehogging, espcially with marth. i mean, i'm just guessing here too, all you have to do with marth is just stand back a little, at the right time start charging this b attack and let go when he comes enough or just do a simple slash attack as he's coming or jump up and and do a down+a attack to send him down with force.?

LiquidD said:
theres not much skill needed to edgehogging, espcially with marth. i mean, i'm just guessing here too, all you have to do with marth is just stand back a little, at the right time start charging this b attack and let go when he comes enough or just do a simple slash attack as he's coming or jump up and and do a down+a attack to send him down with force.?

that's not edgehogging, that's edge guarding

edgehogging is when you grab on to the ledge, so that your opponent can't grab onto it

I thought you were talking about hanging off of the edge and not letting them recover.
You're definition of edgehogging is so basic i'm wondering if you even play SSB :wtf:

Tails McCloud~ said:
I thought you were talking about hanging off of the edge and not letting them recover.
You're definition of edgehogging is so basic i'm wondering if you even play SSB :wtf:

meh, all my friends are smash freaks, as in they play a lot, but they don't really know much about advance techniques, just cause they're too lazy to look them up

LiquidD said:
:) A lot more is needed than that. A skilled Marth will not simply charge his B move to edge guard. Anyone could avoid that.
There are also many different types of edgeguarding.
Ledgehogging is where you hang on the ledge, and when they are about to do their up+b to get up, press shield at the right moment to roll away from the ledge, using your invincible frames, but still hogging the edge.
With Marth, a common edge guard is to hang on the edge, and ledge-hop spike, where he will get up, but spike the opponent under him.
These are very simple to competitive players, but concepts that people learning the game really must get their head around. These are not just simple, cheap moves. They are well thought out, skillful tactics.

meh, I don't edgehog either. I agree that it's cheap, but I also see it as a tech. I would say more, but I'm on my PSP right now.

Did you get my reply Prez?

Shoko said:
meh, I don't edgehog either. I agree that it's cheap, but I also see it as a tech. I would say more, but I'm on my PSP right now.

Did you get my reply Prez?
Yes, I did. Thank you.

Yay for you. I don't hate wavedashers, but that's because I am one.

Regarding edge hogging. In Smash tournaments with money on the line. You do what you have to do to win. Imagine if you let them back up and they beat you by a stock. That would have been avoided had you just gone for the win and edge hogged their ass.

I can understand why people see it as cheap. But its part of competitive play. I've edge hogged and been edge hogged many times. Its just something I accept lol.

your a decent player, but if you were to do the same thing in wifi over and over again like you do there, people will catch on and pwn you

This was a demonstration of his skills. Not how he'd play against a human. How people fight humans and how they fight CPU's should be different. Because humans won't fall for the same stupid tricks that the retard A.I in Melee does.

Back