What do you want to name your kids?

Our 1 yr old son's first and middle name are Dylan Matthew. For a future kid, for a girl's name we thought about Darby Linh. I haven't researched the meaning behind Darby yet, it just sounds cool and starts with a 'D' :). Linh because that's my wife's best friend's name.

It would be kind of strange to have such Irish-like names considering that we're Asian :).

planning on having 3 kids
Girl: lily (because its code for i love you)
Boy: Riely(first best friend)
Danny(uncle)
and they all rhyme =)

Siegfried Robert and/or William Robert = Boy (Grandfather's name / Uncle's name)

Janice Anne and/or Sally Anne = Girl (Grandmother's name / Hebrew for princes)

Last edited:
crazyman2 said:
planning on having 3 kids

Don't have 3.. .. .. stick at 2 or go for 4.. .. .. trust me.. .. .. 3 is a bad number of kids to have.. .. ..

I don't want to name any more kids. 3 names were hard enough to think of.

When you are choosing, please remember that you probably plan to live in the same house for a while so picking the same initials as yours means you won't know whose post is who's.. ..

Dweezle Zappa ftw..

Been talking about funny baby names all lesson actually (currently in my photography class)

Meh I like the names Memphis, Texas, Bret and other cool names like that, no idea what I'd actually call my kids though.. I'll think about that when the time comes

Hahahah. I support normal names!

Girl:
Anna

Boy:
Riley
Reese
Evan
Sean
Scott

...I'm not having more than one girl.

Frogger said:

Girl:
Anna

Boy:
Riley
Reese
Evan
Sean
Scott

She better be the youngest, or she's going to be tormented. Also, is that the FINAL order of preference? I could live with that. ^_^.

ARav989 said:
I'd prolly name my boy Brandon or Brendan. Ryan or Brian. I dunno I've always liked names with similar names to it like those.

For a girl, prolly Michelle, Andrea, or Snart. (inside joke...don't ask...)

What kind of name is that? Geez. That's weird. :scared: Lol. :) Michelle? Okay, I won't ask. Brandon? Ryan? Brian? Don't you have frie-

I won't ask. Lol. OH LOOK, RYAN'S A COOL NAME.

Frogger said:

Girl:
Anna

Boy:
Riley
Reese
Evan
Sean
Scott

Meh, same here.

nic7 said:
@ Celeste

It's not just me that believes in what I said about naming kids better names, major economists believe the same thing. So, truly failing? I don't think so...(And 1 out of what? 44 isn't a huge number for irregular names)

But, I can see how you got defensive as I chose one of your names. I honestly just copy and pasted the first name that i saw. It wasn't a personal attack.

The book Freakonomics has a good chapter on that. Actually, the rest of the book is probably more interesting that that chapter, but....

Here is part of that chapter, and the conclusion that they came to in regards to the impact of a child's first name, in particular a distinctively black first name.

LINK

And as for names that I like....I tend to like Hispanic sounding names. Not sure it would go well with my last name but.....meh....

Isabel
Fernanda
Sebastian
Ignatius
Zisa
Claudio
I also like
Celestia
Lily
Brian
Frank
Eileen

Me with kids ?
A mini version of me (not my nepthew) ?
(bear in mind)
(bearin in mind I hate kids)

Possable boy names -
Him
You
Thingy
You little bugger
Shut up
Piss off
It
Lemmy

Girl names -
Her
It
Lemmy

TacosTacos said:
The book Freakonomics has a good chapter on that.

Great book. I just read Applebees America - really interesting spin on how marketing and communication models work with politics and religion (if you liked Freaks, you might like it as well).

TacosTacos said:
Lily

Outstanding :D

Back