What does EXACTLY the Sensor Bar Stand does and would my scenerio benefit from it?

DanAykroyd

WiiChat Member
Jun 28, 2007
Hi!

As you may see, this is my very first post in here. I just got a Wii about one month ago; and have it setted also right.

The thing is this; my room is not very big; I play it on a CRT 29' TV at about 1.5/2 meters of distance. The sensor bar is above the TV, glued pretty much exactly as the ilustration in the manual (with all the glossy-led-holding part over the edge), and what I notice is that the pointing isn't great. I think that it's because I'm quite close to the TV, because when tried from a longer distance, it was OK.

So; what I wonder is, will the Sensor Stand help in this case? What the heck is it supposed to do? I searched and read that it raised the sensing range... so... I don't think I want that!

In any case; you may wonder why I don't just try it and see. Well, I don't, because as I stated above; I've already sticked it to the TV, and I don't want to 'waste' that "original-stickiness" (I'm OCD) just to test if it works better... that's why I want more background info on it to know beforehand if it would help.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to many other posts.

Well depending on where it is located at, it's possible that it becomes a bit harder to read at lower angles, but that's about it. 1.5 meters is far too close to be playing at in my opinion. It's doable I'm sure, make sure that the options are set to read it at a sensitivity of 1.

I thought I was close being 3-4ft away. Then again I play on a 42" and it probably is, lol.

Well... the TV is sitted at a TV-table furniture and the sensitivity is maxed to 5 (since I "believe" that when setted to 1, the pointer movement becomes way more jerky...

That being said; yes, I've tried with sensitivity 1 and the outcomes were the same...

I have to ask. Did you set the sensor bar position to above the tv in the Wii settings?

Which sensor bar position setting?? :scared:

Nahh... just kidding. Yes; it's setted correctly. Even tried setting it 'below' although the bar was above and it was still the same... :(

Well the higher sensitivity is supposedly allowing a larger range of action. I'm unsure if it has any effects for being too high in close range. Honestly your only choice here is finding a way to scoot back a little bit. I use the stand and can't be too close, I really have to be bare minimum 3ft.

Back